Essex Property Trust

www.essexpropertytrust.com

Not a bad company to work for, but there are a few flaws.

Leasing (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros-Decent pay/commission based compensation structure.
-Some flexibility with time off. If you need to take vacation you can ask employees from sister properties to cover for you.
-Bonuses offered to lease longstanding vacant apartments.
-Sense of team spirit.
-Professional environment.
-They reimburse you for laundry (Essex apparel only)
-Good experience.
-Job security (so long as you meet your goals of course)

ConsThey overwork employees. There is not enough staff. I refuse to believe they can't find people to hire. They just milk their employees and expect the same high level of work output with only 3/5th the staff. They hire and promote people who are related to or are friends with a current employees. Not a huge con but they do this a lot and then end up hiring relatively incompetent/under qualified people.
Huge salary cuts recently, while, I'm sure upper management saw raises.
They try to squeeze every last penny out of residents from their security deposit to make up for vacancy loss caused by their own ill model.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop raising rents obnoxiously! Tenants leave and then we have apartments stay vacant for months, suffer vacancy loss, only to reduce the rate and rent them out at even lower rates than what the previous tenants were paying! It makes no sense! The problem is the current software we are using to generate pricing!
The leasing staff has the power to keep your residents happy, rent and increase revenue. Please don't be cheap and hire sufficient staff so that the job can be done right.

Good company to work for. My manager is the best.

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

I have been working at Essex Property Trust

Pros: Well managed company with great training available for all levels. Lots of advancement potential with… Cons: Being in residential property management, at the leasing level we have to work weekends. The pay is less than I had imagined it would be.… Advice to Senior Management: Don't reduce already small commisions for the leasing staff. Many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Working at Essex

Propety Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Essex Property Trust

Pros: Essex will push a person to the limit. There is an old saying... "Push an employee until they start to push back". This is my… Cons: Essex will push a person to the limit. There is an old saying... "Push an employee until they start… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in the communities and the staff, and allow them… More
There are newer reviews on Essex Property Trust.

Worked for Essex Property Trust? Contribute to the Community!