Essex Property Trust
www.essexpropertytrust.com Palo Alto, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

I work as an assistant manager at an apartment complex

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe company provides a lot of corporate support to ensure that its employees are able to succeed in their positions. The company shows that it values its employees through great benefits (ie medical, 401k, dry cleaning/milage/rent allowances, ETO)

ConsSalaries are generous for the property management industry, but overall this is an underpaid industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is great, I love this company. However, the company (and industry as a whole) would benefit from a more skilled/educated workforce, but they are unable to offer the wages to obtain that kind of quality.

it's okay to start, but not for a long time

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I worked at Essex Property Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros: good training programs friendly maintenance staff overrall Cons: alot of politics in higher management. change the commission system… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad company to work for, but there are a few flaws.

Leasing (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Essex Property Trust

Pros: -Decent pay/commission based compensation structure. -Some flexibility with time off. If you need to take vacation you can ask employees from sister properties to cover for… Cons: They overwork employees. There is not enough staff. I refuse to believe they can't find people to hire. They just milk their employees and expect… Advice to Senior Management: Stop raising rents obnoxiously! Tenants leave and then we have apartments stay vacant for months, suffer vacancy loss, only to reduce the rate and rent… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Essex Property Trust.

Worked for Essex Property Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Essex Property Trust reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Essex Property Trust CEO Michael Schall. All reviews posted anonymously by Essex Property Trust employees.