Essilor of America

www.essilorusa.com

It was just okay, was much better before Essilor bought out private company

Customer Service Managertomer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood benefits and co-worlers ( Not management ) were all hard working, good people. Team work was essential and everyone there ( management excluded ) pulled their weight and more in the rough economy. Every employee was doing the work of 2= people and not complaining, just trying to do a good jub.

ConsManagement, both middle and upper treated the actual working employees very poorly. They did not communicat the fact they were planning a lay-off and blindsided people, when if one were to quit , they would expect a 2 week notice. No human resource person on site, had to try and handle human resourse issues via phone or email with people in Dallas. There were many false allegations against employees without proof or investigation. Bottom line managemnet wanted big yearly bonuses no matter the cost to the average employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice, don't think of yourselves as better than those who work under you. Communicate, ask questions and don't always assume you know best. Listen to employees and treat them with respect.. Remember your annual bonus does not matter to the average employee who is living paycheck to paycheck. When you have employees who are willing to bust their butts for you, the least you can do is communicate, and give them SOME respect.

Upper Management Seems Lost

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Essilor of America

Pros: Nice benefits, decent vacation plan, good working hours, employees are proud of… Cons: Management is constantly changing their minds on work flow and how to do the job. Employees are met with negative feedback on a daily… Advice to Senior Management: We understand the company want to move forward. However, set realistic goals and sometimes you have to step back to move forward. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work-too bad they relocated

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Essilor of America

Pros: Great group of people. Good pay, benefits. Interesting work Cons: Big corporate environment. Thinks nothing of shutting down and… Advice to Senior Management: The "little" people are the ones that put you in the positions you now hold. Respect that. We… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Essilor of America.

Worked for Essilor of America? Contribute to the Community!