There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

I believe my experience at Estee to be positive, I am treated with respect and fairness.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Pros

The company provides great benefits. It is a stable company that is doing well in this economy. There are frequently job posting allowing for an individual to grow in experience. They also provide a fair amount of vacation days and summer friday's.

Cons

Greater effort should be put in to grow the people within the organization. The company seems to have an attitude that it’s employees are not as valuable as people that can be acquired from the outside. i.e. people from the outside are paid much more money going into a position then a current employee.

Advice to Management

Lately we have seen that the company is trying to grow its employees. This is great, however, there isn’t a practical way that is making this happen. i.e. giving some incentive to a manager to have his direct reports advance in the company. While I am very fortunate to have an excellent director and executive director. This is not the case with all. I think that attitude and treatment of others should be a greater factor in the promotion of people who will manage others. There are some people who are very talented but should not be managing people.

Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

1. I loved it!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

Pros

$$, growth within company, fun

Cons

territories have become too large to handle

Advice to Management

too much politics

Work hard? Have amazing sales? It's never good enough!!

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

The pros to working for Estee Lauder Corp: -The wonderful customers I came into contact with each time I worked in store - I made life long friends with some of my fellow co-workers while we were in the trenches together

Cons

The cons to working for Estee Lauder Corp: -Absolutely zero regard for their employees as human beings. You are simply someone to make them money and bring in more customers to the counters. If a counter isn't doing well, or an event doesn't go well, you are garbage, no matter how fantastic your track record is. -Slave labor. Working behind the counter with these poor women is just that. Slave labor. Long hours, on your feet and some days I didn't even get lunches or breaks if business wasn't good. -Stress. I can't tell you how many times my cell phone rang throughout the day with my Account Executive calling me ripping me a new one because business was down at a store I wasn't even at that particular day. -No advancement. They bait you during your interview, promising dreams of becoming an Account Executive or Territory Manager if you work hard. Forget about it. Those women have had those jobs for what seem like centuries and aren't going anywhere. Plus, they aren't the type of women you want to work for. We called them the "Mean Girls" because that is exactly how they acted.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Get rid of the "Mean Girl Club" that currently manages your Chicago territories for Estee Lauder and Clinique.