There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

I loved it!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

$$, growth within company, fun

Cons

territories have become too large to handle

too much politics

253 Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies (View Most Recent)

Don't work here

Former Employee - Counter Manager  in  Biloxi, MS
    Former Employee - Counter Manager in Biloxi, MS

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

Fun playing with the make up
    Customers are great

Cons

Management sucks
    Account executives need training
    too much micromanagement
    No recognition

You need to improve a lot of things. I nearly worked here for 5 years and I have seen the company change in many ways. Not much of it was good though. I had one amazing AE in the 5 years I worked. I had a total of 4 AE's. Seriously look at these reviews. Seems most of your employees are dissatisfied. That should tell you something.

Work hard? Have amazing sales? It's never good enough!!

Former Employee - Account Coordinator  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

The pros to working for Estee Lauder Corp:
    -The wonderful customers I came into contact with each time I worked in store
    - I made life long friends with some of my fellow co-workers while we were in the trenches together

Cons

The cons to working for Estee Lauder Corp:
    -Absolutely zero regard for their employees as human beings. You are simply someone to make them money and bring in more customers to the counters. If a counter isn't doing well, or an event doesn't go well, you are garbage, no matter how fantastic your track record is.
    -Slave labor. Working behind the counter with these poor women is just that. Slave labor. Long hours, on your feet and some days I didn't even get lunches or breaks if business wasn't good.
    -Stress. I can't tell you how many times my cell phone rang throughout the day with my Account Executive calling me ripping me a new one because business was down at a store I wasn't even at that particular day.
    -No advancement. They bait you during your interview, promising dreams of becoming an Account Executive or Territory Manager if you work hard. Forget about it. Those women have had those jobs for what seem like centuries and aren't going anywhere. Plus, they aren't the type of women you want to work for. We called them the "Mean Girls" because that is exactly how they acted.

Clean house. Get rid of the "Mean Girl Club" that currently manages your Chicago territories for Estee Lauder and Clinique.

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!