Estée Lauder Companies

www.elcompanies.com
  www.elcompanies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Marketing Manager Travel Retail Americas Designer Fragrances, Aveda, Origins & Beauty Bank

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People
Career Advancement
Products
Culture, lider in the beauty industry

Cons

Salaries, Salaries, Salaries, Salaries, Salaries

Work in a more fair compensation according to the market and the industry

283 Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Director, Global Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Global Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the beauty industry, the Estee Lauder Companies is a great place to work. While far from perfect, the company takes care of its people, provides great opportunities for career advancement (for proactive people), and has a strong senior leadership team.

Cons

The company is in a midst of a lot of change, which is not for everyone. It can also be very 'corporate' and not flexible in how it deals with individuals in terms of compensation, process etc., but after 3 years I feel well taken care of and look forward to a long career with the company.

Provide greater international mobility. I have heard repeatedly from senior people (including members of the board) that we should find ways to go abroad to gain international experience. But do we have to leave the company to gain this experience? There are currently efforts under way to make these things happen, but HR executives need to realize that for many women, our willingness and ability to go abroad today may not be the same in 3 years. For a company that is staffed predominantly by women, this is just a reality.

While it is not my situation, I also think the company could do a better job of supporting new mothers and employees with young families. People (who cannot yet afford full-time nannies) should not have to choose between a career at ELC and a family.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful people and nice perks. Great discounts. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there!

Cons

A bit bureaucratic and a feeling of being just another cog in the wheel, but I think that's to be expected at such a large company.

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies