There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Marketing Manager Travel Retail Americas Designer Fragrances, Aveda, Origins & Beauty Bank

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People
Career Advancement
Products
Culture, lider in the beauty industry

Cons

Salaries, Salaries, Salaries, Salaries, Salaries

Work in a more fair compensation according to the market and the industry

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Director, Global Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Global Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the beauty industry, the Estee Lauder Companies is a great place to work. While far from perfect, the company takes care of its people, provides great opportunities for career advancement (for proactive people), and has a strong senior leadership team.

Cons

The company is in a midst of a lot of change, which is not for everyone. It can also be very 'corporate' and not flexible in how it deals with individuals in terms of compensation, process etc., but after 3 years I feel well taken care of and look forward to a long career with the company.

Provide greater international mobility. I have heard repeatedly from senior people (including members of the board) that we should find ways to go abroad to gain international experience. But do we have to leave the company to gain this experience? There are currently efforts under way to make these things happen, but HR executives need to realize that for many women, our willingness and ability to go abroad today may not be the same in 3 years. For a company that is staffed predominantly by women, this is just a reality.

While it is not my situation, I also think the company could do a better job of supporting new mothers and employees with young families. People (who cannot yet afford full-time nannies) should not have to choose between a career at ELC and a family.

Bad Group

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Better work life balance vs. L'Oreal
    Great brands

Cons

Group I'm in is not good. Others seem happier in other areas.
    Mean, borderline abusive management. Upper management and HR sweep it under the carpet. One person brings a feeling of stress and uncomfortable to everyone in the team.
    Frustrating the way business is run and things are done.
    Everyone in this company is sensitive.
    They don't pay competitively.

After 5 formal complaints about someone from multiple people to HR decided whether you want to keep replacing the same positions and let a whole team of 6 people look for other jobs for one person.

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies