There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Great work for freelance makeup artistry

Current Contractor - Makeup Artist in Minneapolis, MN
Current Contractor - Makeup Artist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Estee Lauder provides many opportunities for ongoing training for freelance artists. This training in product and tecniques is invaluable when working at counter. The management teams are highly supportive of artists; my personal experience has been a great partnership with management across the Midwest.

Cons

Events are not as frequent as in prior years. I really believe that putting money into National Events utilizing National Artists is frankly a waste of money. National Artists command a huge chunk of the makeup artist budget for the year; I have found that customers are not learning anything new from Nationals. The Regional makeup artists are not learning anything new from the Nationals. The National artists I have worked with (to date - 7 different National artists over the past 15 years) have proven to be egotistical, catty and generally very difficult to work with/around. I have observed on floor behavior by National artists that is NOT what I would consider to be professional - not Estee Lauder Company's "best".

Advice to Management

Nix the National Artist team; concentrate that budget on building very strong Regional artist teams. The only way to build a strong Regional team is by concentrating heavily on training and building the relationships between the Artists and the ABA's at counter. I remember when having a Regional at the counter was a VERY BIG DEAL. My customers would appreciate their fresh ideas and expertise. Now, the Regionals are not that respected. Please - lets bring back a strong emphasis on Regional artists. Lets hire and keep Regionals that truly want to put in the effort to be the BEST that Lauder can offer to the customer.

reviews filtered by

A great 30 + years

Former Employee - Senior Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Management in New York, NY

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity, growth and a chance to find what is best for yourself.
    Be Patient and MOBILE ! A great place for young woman and men.
    if you put yourself out to move and try something new , you will find your spot.
    Great place to learn the prestige cosmetic and retailer world.

Cons

weak HR department means development is on you. You need to find the right person to work for and get the job under them, The opportunities are there.

Advice to Management

Better HR will help find the dead wood that is hurting more growth.
    The 20 percent that are your top people should get at least 20 percent of your time.

2. Growing company with various opportunities

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Melville, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free product that friends and family also enjoy

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

Advice to Management

Thanks for the extra vacation days

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies