There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Great work for freelance makeup artistry

Current Employee - Makeup Artist  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Makeup Artist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Estee Lauder provides many opportunities for ongoing training for freelance artists. This training in product and tecniques is invaluable when working at counter. The management teams are highly supportive of artists; my personal experience has been a great partnership with management across the Midwest.

Cons

Events are not as frequent as in prior years. I really believe that putting money into National Events utilizing National Artists is frankly a waste of money. National Artists command a huge chunk of the makeup artist budget for the year; I have found that customers are not learning anything new from Nationals. The Regional makeup artists are not learning anything new from the Nationals. The National artists I have worked with (to date - 7 different National artists over the past 15 years) have proven to be egotistical, catty and generally very difficult to work with/around. I have observed on floor behavior by National artists that is NOT what I would consider to be professional - not Estee Lauder Company's "best".

Nix the National Artist team; concentrate that budget on building very strong Regional artist teams. The only way to build a strong Regional team is by concentrating heavily on training and building the relationships between the Artists and the ABA's at counter. I remember when having a Regional at the counter was a VERY BIG DEAL. My customers would appreciate their fresh ideas and expertise. Now, the Regionals are not that respected. Please - lets bring back a strong emphasis on Regional artists. Lets hire and keep Regionals that truly want to put in the effort to be the BEST that Lauder can offer to the customer.

253 Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies (View Most Recent)

Wonderful culture, great opportunities for a long career with the company

Current Employee - Executive Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multitude of opportunities to move across functions and brands

Cons

Work/life balance in Marketing role not always achievable

It all depends on your manager

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are opportunities for movement and growth here. Work/Life balance is also a priority in the group I worked in. Solid performance as the CEO is brilliant.

Cons

Mis-managment, no succession or talent planning. This is done on your own.

Get 360 performance reviews as direct reports should be able to review their managers because some of them are really not as great as they make themselves to be.

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!