Estée Lauder Companies
www.elcompanies.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great work for freelance makeup artistry

Makeup Artist (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

ProsEstee Lauder provides many opportunities for ongoing training for freelance artists. This training in product and tecniques is invaluable when working at counter. The management teams are highly supportive of artists; my personal experience has been a great partnership with management across the Midwest.

ConsEvents are not as frequent as in prior years. I really believe that putting money into National Events utilizing National Artists is frankly a waste of money. National Artists command a huge chunk of the makeup artist budget for the year; I have found that customers are not learning anything new from Nationals. The Regional makeup artists are not learning anything new from the Nationals. The National artists I have worked with (to date - 7 different National artists over the past 15 years) have proven to be egotistical, catty and generally very difficult to work with/around. I have observed on floor behavior by National artists that is NOT what I would consider to be professional - not Estee Lauder Company's "best".

Advice to Senior ManagementNix the National Artist team; concentrate that budget on building very strong Regional artist teams. The only way to build a strong Regional team is by concentrating heavily on training and building the relationships between the Artists and the ABA's at counter. I remember when having a Regional at the counter was a VERY BIG DEAL. My customers would appreciate their fresh ideas and expertise. Now, the Regionals are not that respected. Please - lets bring back a strong emphasis on Regional artists. Lets hire and keep Regionals that truly want to put in the effort to be the BEST that Lauder can offer to the customer.

Wonderful culture, great opportunities for a long career with the company

Executive Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Multitude of opportunities to move across functions and brands Cons: Work/life balance in Marketing role not always achievable Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It all depends on your manager

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There are opportunities for movement and growth here. Work/Life balance is also a priority… Cons: Mis-managment, no succession or talent planning. This is done on… Advice to Senior Management: Get 360 performance reviews as direct reports should be able to review their managers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Estée Lauder Companies.

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Estée Lauder Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Estée Lauder Companies CEO Fabrizio Freda. All reviews posted anonymously by Estée Lauder Companies employees.