Estée Lauder Companies

www.elcompanies.com

Great family company to work for

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Great company to work for. Awesome benefits. Would recommend Estee Lauder for those that are serious team players and get the big picture.

Cons

From my experience with Estee Lauder I have yet to come across something that would be labled a "con".

Other reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Unrealistic of Goals - Job I loved but hated becuase of managment

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor  in  Sturgeon Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Sturgeon Bay, WI

Pros

Great benefits like free make-up and skin care. Seminars are fun to go to. Laid back atmosphere. Pretty good incentives.

Cons

Estee Lauder is very unrealistic of goals. They strive for goals that are 8% above last year, but when the economy keeps going down how do you get 8% above. They do not recognize you on achievement but tell you to up your sales and that the month is terrible and you need to work harder, even though you have. There is no training, you are just put in the job and are expected to know what to do. There is no communication between Younkers Managers and Estee Lauder Managers, so when you are supposed to be working and have a counter manager phone meeting you are not scheduled and miss it and get yelled at by Estee Lauder and Younkers even though it’s not your fault.
    If you are have struggles they fail to come to the store and help even if you request it because you are a small store so they just don’t care. I quit the job and went to fragrance and my store manager never even told Estee Lauder! So when they called and yelled at me for the monthly numbers being down and I told them I didn’t work for Estee Lauder for two weeks it was a surprise to them!
    I loved what I did as a beauty advisor but hated being disrespected.

What is 3% commission!!!!!!! For all the work that I did I'd expect to get more than that!
    Calling customers, follow up calls, doing three appoitments a day (make-up and skin care consultations), persuading people to buy products, and working my tail end off to meet unrealistic goals!

work with the store managers where you have counters. Train your employees!

Assistant Marketing Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Company benefits and hours at work.

Cons

Politics and slow movement for promotion.

Promote managers who could manage, not just people who perform we'll at their current job.

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies.

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!