There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Good company, good business, good brands, good people.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tokyo (Japan)
Former Employee - Senior Manager in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good compensation, good benefits, committment to training.

Cons

A lot of reluctance to change.

Advice to Management

Visions, missions and strategies are fine, but they are meaningless if you don't follow through and make sure things actually get done the way you want them to be done.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. they didn't pay at all.

Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Makeup Artist in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well, office in centre of Moscow, subway station Paveleckaya. Training for future collections, qualified coaches, the opportunity to "get the hand," a gift in the form of cosmetics every trimester.

Cons

1. For 7 months of work, I have not had basic training, to learn about the products, appearance, etc. However, I picked up a book by products and stupidly had taught her at home. 2. I have not been paid their salaries by 1.5 months + cost No Charge. By the way, I wonder who to go into the pocket of my money? 3. In MAC encouraged snitching - on the so-called "meetings" where they bones wash up for makeup artists, any detail reported to Mrs. Retail Manager. By the way, the "solutions" (for permanent make-up transfer from place to place or to dismiss him) it takes spontaneously - on the grounds that it was reported. 4. For 7 months of work, I have not had a vacation. 5. In MAC do not appreciate people who love their work and who give themselves entirely to her. 6. In MAC also do not appreciate the excellent sellers - they do not care what you do to 160% of the sales for the month of his plan, and you love the clients. Why? 7. They gave me brushes in terrible condition. Scruffy, shabby, more or less decent was very little. I did not like work with them and ashamed to show to clients. And because of this I had to bring my own brushes. 8. Salary, for example, for the entire 1st month paid only at the end of the 2nd. Works contract - too tricky - a little something that was not registered at test time, so still written in the contract are not true ("An employee works on its own materials and cosmetics" - and what about corner with cosmetics?). By the way, there were cases when was a conflict with management and employees with test time just did not receive bonus. 9. When I asked for the calculation of 1.5 months, they first told me that they need to make an inventory (check out I was stealing or not) in the stores, and it will affect my salary. A week later manager reported that "at the highest level, it was decided not to pay me anything." Showed no theft, just decided not to pay!!!

Advice to Management

Don't deceive with payment, respect your employers and give normal contracts and materials for work.

2. too aggressive global implementation of ERP

Current Employee - Finance Associate
    Current Employee - Finance Associate

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice colleagues and wokring environment

Cons

too many ambiguities between the regions and processes

Advice to Management

listen to the ppl below