Estée Lauder Companies

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

High Workload, High Stress Level, High Expectations

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learn to do variety of tasks, Some Helpful Colleagues

Cons

High Workload, High Stress Level, High Expectations, Slow in Implementing Technological Changes, HR can be improved, Tight Deadlines, High KPI, Politics are present

It is important to improve on the HR management and IT systems

283 Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies (View Most Recent)

Prestigious Company- wonderful products, but upper echelon needs to refocus priority onto field sales teams.

Former Employee - Associate Beauty Advisor in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Beauty Advisor in Pitts, PA

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The products are amazing, the continually training on product knowledge, and the free gratis perks are amazing! I developed many long term friendships working for Estee Lauder & would say that the group of colleagues I worked with were by far the best part of my tenure with Estee Lauder.

Cons

From the Corporate level to those out in the field- there is an extreme disconnect! I worked for the company for nearly 10 years and EVERY year they sent me the Male gendered Christmas gift! I am a woman! After 10 years you would of thought they'd get it right! Needless to say I have EL ties & cuff links out the wazoo! When I worked as an ABA- we did not get reimbursed for our mileage until after 1 hour of drive time! That's absurd! Not only that- but we were not reimbursed our time spent going to pick up spa equipment from the storage unit or other ABA's to take to events. I felt like an abundant amount of Account Coordinator & Account Executive duties were delegated down to a select group of ABA's in our territory (myself included). Unfortunately the compensation did not match the extra responsibilities. I was one of the top 3 producing ABA's in our market with the highest AUS & IPT - and never once received a raise. Don't get me wrong- the perks are nice and the products are wonderful- but I think Corporate & Upper Management are missing the boat. The beauty advisors, ABA's, and Counter Managers out in the field are the active ambassadors to the brand- their translation of the product directly determines the consumer's decision to buy- and I feel that they are undervalued for the amount of revenue they generate.

Don't get me wrong- the perks are nice and the products are wonderful- but I think Corporate & Upper Management are missing the boat. The beauty advisors, ABA's, and Counter Managers out in the field are the active ambassadors to the brand- their translation of the product directly determines the consumer's decision to buy- and I feel that they are undervalued for the amount of revenue they generate annually.

Good company but not progressive

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time

Pros

Work environment varies from dept to dept., but have met some really great executives here.

Cons

Does not manage change well as it still functions every much like a family-owned company and not a public firm.

Changes implemented by "new" CEO threw out babies with bathwater.

There are newer employer reviews for Estée Lauder Companies