Disrespectful

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice office, good views of central park, nice area, close to the apple store, super sweet mail room and messenger service employees, nice vacation (although you are discouraged to take it all at once and are expected to be available)

Cons

very understaffed, overworked, cut throat, no value to human nature, un inventive, systems upon systems, upon systems that make it impossible to create anything remotely creative, very political, bad lighting.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans, communicate, create an atmosphere of team work and comrade not the opposite

Other Employee Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

if you like politics you will like here

Pros

nice amount of days off during the year

Cons

politics, politics, politics, politics, politics

Prestigious Company- wonderful products, but upper echelon needs to refocus priority onto field sales teams.

Former Employee - Associate Beauty Advisor in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Beauty Advisor in Pitts, PA

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The products are amazing, the continually training on product knowledge, and the free gratis perks are amazing! I developed many long term friendships working for Estee Lauder & would say that the group of colleagues I worked with were by far the best part of my tenure with Estee Lauder.

Cons

From the Corporate level to those out in the field- there is an extreme disconnect! I worked for the company for nearly 10 years and EVERY year they sent me the Male gendered Christmas gift! I am a woman! After 10 years you would of thought they'd get it right! Needless to say I have EL ties & cuff links out the wazoo! When I worked as an ABA- we did not get reimbursed for our mileage until after 1 hour of drive time! That's absurd! Not only that- but we were not reimbursed our time spent going to pick up spa equipment from the storage unit or other ABA's to take to events. I felt like an abundant amount of Account Coordinator & Account Executive duties were delegated down to a select group of ABA's in our territory (myself included). Unfortunately the compensation did not match the extra responsibilities. I was one of the top 3 producing ABA's in our market with the highest AUS & IPT - and never once received a raise. Don't get me wrong- the perks are nice and the products are wonderful- but I think Corporate & Upper Management are missing the boat. The beauty advisors, ABA's, and Counter Managers out in the field are the active ambassadors to the brand- their translation of the product directly determines the consumer's decision to buy- and I feel that they are undervalued for the amount of revenue they generate.

Advice to Management

Don't get me wrong- the perks are nice and the products are wonderful- but I think Corporate & Upper Management are missing the boat. The beauty advisors, ABA's, and Counter Managers out in the field are the active ambassadors to the brand- their translation of the product directly determines the consumer's decision to buy- and I feel that they are undervalued for the amount of revenue they generate annually.