Estée Lauder
www.elcompanies.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Dysfunctional Environment

New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder

ProsThey have a generous gratis program and are receptive to work/life balance. Hardly anyone is ever fired so you will likely have a job for life even if you barely perform.

ConsIf you are smart, hard working, and honest with a meritocracy based value system you will likely be unhappy here. This is a culture where those who sophisticated in political maneuvering and self-promotion rule and where the standards for basic skllls and competencies in a job function are very low. People spend alot of time undermining each other. You have to become very good at reading people because there is often a big disconnect between what people say and what they really mean. Not a good place for entry level people who need to develop their technical skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture needs an overhaul, top to bottom. Freda is on the right track but it is taking a long time.

I found the management there to be lacking

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Melville, NY

I worked at Estée Lauder

Pros: Good benefits, friendly atmosphere. The products produced are high quality and it is an interesting place to work.… Cons: Management was bad and made questionable decisions. There was some unethical behavior taking place where I was working, but not sure if that was… Advice to Senior Management: They need to put management in place that is not only more competent, but knows how to think in an effective way. They need… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a place for energy to thrive

Executive Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder

Pros: Brand names Products and gratis to have them Hope for the future… Cons: Management capability and unfair treatment (too many "pets") Clicky and EXTREMELY… Advice to Senior Management: Grow the talent - do not be threatened to nurture good successors Understand… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Estée Lauder.

Worked for Estée Lauder? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Estée Lauder reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Estée Lauder CEO Fabrizio Freda. All reviews posted anonymously by Estée Lauder employees.