Estes West
www.gi-trucking.com Brea, CA 50 to 149 Employees

During a challenging economy and competitive industry, learn why Estes West not only survives, but grows.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsStrong carrier in midst of challenging environment. Strong level of latitude for sales persons. Numerous resources. Upper management group is forward thinking with new ideas and processes. Open door policy with immediate manager.

ConsInconsistent. Not always able to penetrate against other more respected carriers. Limited on-the job training. Overwhelmingly dependent on 3PL contributions. Ability to negotiate at lower level sales positions virtually does not exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people at the lower levels of employment. Remove barrier that exists between upper management, lower level management, and rank-and-file employees. Also, remove barrier between operations personnel and sales. Both need each other to survive, so it is critical that both communicate consistently and effectively.

Great Company to work for, family owned, hard-working, just good people to work with

Reno, NV

I have been working at Estes West part-time for more than a year

Pros: Employees that I work with are dedicated, hard-working people. I appreciate my supervisor who works as hard as… Cons: The rules for part-time employees will ruin this company. Employees who care about their work, the company, the customers, and clients are reduced to… Advice to Senior Management: Do the math. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ESTES WEST

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Reno, NV

I worked at Estes West

Pros: good pay hard workers and very stable company Cons: Mis level management was a joke no real advancement at… Advice to Senior Management: higher level manegment needs to see whats going on at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Estes West.

Worked for Estes West? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Estes West reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Estes West employees.