There are newer employer reviews for Estes West

During a challenging economy and competitive industry, learn why Estes West not only survives, but grows.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Estes West

Pros

Strong carrier in midst of challenging environment. Strong level of latitude for sales persons. Numerous resources. Upper management group is forward thinking with new ideas and processes. Open door policy with immediate manager.

Cons

Inconsistent. Not always able to penetrate against other more respected carriers. Limited on-the job training. Overwhelmingly dependent on 3PL contributions. Ability to negotiate at lower level sales positions virtually does not exist.

Listen to your people at the lower levels of employment. Remove barrier that exists between upper management, lower level management, and rank-and-file employees. Also, remove barrier between operations personnel and sales. Both need each other to survive, so it is critical that both communicate consistently and effectively.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Estes West (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for, family owned, hard-working, just good people to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Estes West part-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees that I work with are dedicated, hard-working people. I appreciate my supervisor who works as hard as the rest of us, and shows his appreciation for our group effort to run the best terminal in the US.

Cons

The rules for part-time employees will ruin this company. Employees who care about their work, the company, the customers, and clients are reduced to 25 hours a week - can't do the job properly. Other part-timers just don't care, and that hurts all of us. Where I work now there are 3 part-timers doing a job that 1 full-time employee can do efficiently. Do the math.......

Do the math.

Mind Numbing

Current Employee - Forklift/Warehouse  in  Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Forklift/Warehouse in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Estes West full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits, people I work with....

Cons

Inconsistent hours, constant job slowdowns. They demand mandatory over time even on holidays and then suddenly there is no work for months! We were told we that the warehouse orders were run wrong and now that they have fixed it we are told we are so efficient that we now have no work - !?! Great reward for my hard work and overtime. No further explanation of slow down - some days only 2 hours - doesn't even pay for my gas! Management does not care about employees, blows off all questions. When times are good they lose vacation paperwork - you go on vacation thinking you'll come home to your vacation pay only to learn someone has lost the paperwork and - "oh well. it will take a week or two to submit your pay".This has happened to me more than once, I now fill out forms in mass and remind them before I go, which means I do that job for them too. They love to hand out awards and goodies like gym bags for good safety records - I rather have work or a raise!!! Management treats employees like children that can be appeased with shiny gifts to keep us quiet , when we'd appreciate being talk to as adults!

TALK TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! Without us you won't be getting your fat salary checks much longer....

There are newer employer reviews for Estes West

Worked for Estes West? Contribute to the Community!