There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

Honestly the best place to work in Tampa!

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Esurance's employees have voted them "Top Places to Work in Tampa" 3 years in a row. That's because middle managment is right there for their employees. I love working here and advancement is really in my own hands. If I work hard and ask for direction, I know I can advance within a year or two! I work in sales and my shift, pay, and advancement are really up to me and how hard I work. All of the current management, trainers, and support staff all started right where I am. I love that!! They understand what I go through every day and help me through tough days.

Cons

The Sales Director is very strong willed and pretends to want feedback but really he doesnt take feedback from anyone. It's his way or no way and I dont believe he has call center experience or sales experience at that. He seems to like change and it's almost a weekly thing. I've been working in the same small office (200 employees I think) as him for the last year and he doesnt even know I'm in sales or my name. My manager does a good job of explaining the reasons and he works hard to keep me focusing on the right things.

Advice to Management

Ask the people who do the job for feedback before you already have your mind made up. Get away from Allstate's benefits...I heard we had better health coverage before. Otherwise, keep doing what you are doing!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The marketing department is a backwards place

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location Large advertising budget Good benefits

Cons

Promotions in the marketing department are rare and take a very long time to get Work schedules are flexible for every department except in the marketing department Employees are micromanaged Managers are micromanaged

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more

Dishonest Hiring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

A paycheck. Free coffee and milk. SF office is close to BART. Below average benefits. Opportunity to switch departments if you take a pay cut.

Cons

Don't believe your interview. It's a trap. This is a toxic culture of fear. Management will bully and intimidate you. You won't forget the helplessness and humiliation. Your entire job is working on shoddy home-grown technology. You train yourself on obsolete systems. There is no training. There is no new technology, no innovation, and no communication. Don't listen to the dishonest stories during your interview. Stay at your current job. Wait for something better than Esurance.

Advice to Management

You wanted cheap technology and that's what you have.