Esurance

www.esurance.com
  www.esurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

Honestly the best place to work in Tampa!

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Esurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Esurance's employees have voted them "Top Places to Work in Tampa" 3 years in a row. That's because middle managment is right there for their employees. I love working here and advancement is really in my own hands. If I work hard and ask for direction, I know I can advance within a year or two! I work in sales and my shift, pay, and advancement are really up to me and how hard I work. All of the current management, trainers, and support staff all started right where I am. I love that!! They understand what I go through every day and help me through tough days.

Cons

The Sales Director is very strong willed and pretends to want feedback but really he doesnt take feedback from anyone. It's his way or no way and I dont believe he has call center experience or sales experience at that. He seems to like change and it's almost a weekly thing. I've been working in the same small office (200 employees I think) as him for the last year and he doesnt even know I'm in sales or my name. My manager does a good job of explaining the reasons and he works hard to keep me focusing on the right things.

Ask the people who do the job for feedback before you already have your mind made up. Get away from Allstate's benefits...I heard we had better health coverage before. Otherwise, keep doing what you are doing!

201 Other Employee Reviews for Esurance (View Most Recent)

Dishonest Hiring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

A paycheck.
    Free coffee and milk.
    SF office is close to BART.
    Below average benefits.
    Opportunity to switch departments if you take a pay cut.

Cons

Don't believe your interview. It's a trap.
    This is a toxic culture of fear.
    Management will bully and intimidate you.
    You won't forget the helplessness and humiliation.
    Your entire job is working on shoddy home-grown technology.
    You train yourself on obsolete systems. There is no training.
    There is no new technology, no innovation, and no communication.
    Don't listen to the dishonest stories during your interview.
    Stay at your current job.
    Wait for something better than Esurance.

You wanted cheap technology and that's what you have.

Think twice about working here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some very hard working people at the company. They strive to have flexible work schedules and seem concerned about listening to employees issues regarding the company as a whole. This has worked with overall company initiatives involving work schedules and communication with company goals and objectives.

Cons

In exchange for more flexible schedules and free coffee, the salaries are mediocre considering the amount of work they expect. It is very difficult to get any work life balance (Less than 50 hours a week for salaried employees). The pace the company is moving is too fast. The amount of people beinghired isn't sufficient to meet the goals that senior management is setting.

For current seasoned employees, the environment is extremely political. For workers that have a good work ethic it's difficult to feel like you have had a job well done. Senior mnagement micromanages and spends time scrutinizing small mistakes. Instead of fixing mistakes by looking at the overall picture of how things are managed, they play the blame game. It causes very good employees to leave and employees that are finger pointers (many times for misunderstood issues)are praised.

While we are a "less is more" company and try to be as efficient as possible, there is a line between efficiency and overworking/burning out your employees. With the company growing, there needs to be a culture change and that needs to start at the top.

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance