Esurance

www.esurance.com
  www.esurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

RUN AWAY! As fast as you can. There has got to be something better than this!

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rocklin, CA
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The coworkers are nice but they are worn from the stress and the work load. There is little time for socialization and it is frowned upon. Free coffee and creamers. The bonus was amazing so depending on the company branch and individual performance you could get rewarded for the year long torture you will endure. They support diversity but so do other places.

Cons

Micromanaging I believe they wrote the book on it and they have a list. Which is not a good list to be on. They monitor every freaking thing and where the person in charge gets the time to review all of these reports defies logic.They have lists and reports on when you answer your phone, what letters you send, what alerts you clear, your mail count, your diary count, how many estimates you have waiting to be paid. I thought that it was like this in my branch but I was pretty tight with a woman I went to training with and it is no different on the east coast as it is the west coast . So work your employees to death and micromanage them is their management style and if you cant keep up, or if they do not like you ( because it is all about a good cultural fit )( aka yesman) and you moderately keep up you are done for too. They hand out write ups like free samples at Costco. You leave there at the end of the day tired beaten and unappreciated. Allstate bought them they have aggressive growth goals but they are growing too fast. They do not do anticipatory hiring. The way you handle a claim there makes no sense. Upper level adjusters have it slightly easier however the volume is staggering. Upper management will say beside volume how are things and when you mention volume to the branch manager... they will tell you there is no problem with volume. People roll their diary dates just to stay off the friday diary list not a good one to be on. Actually none of the list are. You manager probably promoted into the job and will tell you they did the job and it can be done what they forget it that was 7 years before they grew so aggressively and their volume was considerably less. They will never have you back, the customers will call and say you were rude instead of asking what happened they will tell you you were rude to Mrs Jones and this will not be tolerated. NEVER expect the benefit of the doubt. And after you held the line on a position that was correct expect that after a complaint call they get just what they want so they do not throw a fit. Because bad surveys are unacceptable. Apparently you can please all the people all the time at Esurance

Remember your employees are people not robots. Fire all middle management and start over. Change your culture from micromanaging and punitive to something else because the threat of being fired only makes people look for another job not work harder.

201 Other Employee Reviews for Esurance (View Most Recent)

Always Hiring, has a high employee turnover rate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company. They only want to hire people with degrees at a low wage.

Cons

Low paying, micromanaged, and they don't give people without a degree a chance.

Loosen up and remember that humans are not machines. We have lives and feelings too. Bring back some humanity and less computer software driven attitudes.

Worked at Esurance for less than a year.

Current Employee - Sales Agent I in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent I in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back, you get to dress casual. Nice coworkers, the ones who work in the trenches.

Cons

Impossible to make the kind of money they claim their agents make. Manager in Tampa Florida who sets requirements has no clue, he gets paid well to pretend he knows insurance sales. Because agents in Florida start 3 hours earlier, they have better quality customers who have C.C in hand and ready to buy. They started experienced agents on swing shift with the same sales goals as people who worked early in the day. Late night callers have poor driving records, $6,500+ per year, thus no sale. From the first interview they will bull-**** College grads about promotion opportunities to go into Underwriting, Compliance, Product Marketing, etc. Unless they have changed goals since I worked for this crappy company it's just a turnover mill. This company does not value their employees. I am surprised that Allstate bought Esurance, and more surprised that they haven't sold it off yet. The CEO and his cronies are the only ones who got rich when Allstate bought Esurance. No one down the line was rewarded, but the Health Insurance plans sure went up is cost.

Management team who sets goals and compensation for licensed agents don't have a clue about the position. I challenge upper management in Florida and Rocklin to spend 30 days working swing shift selling on the phone in Rocklin, Ca. You won't cause you know your whole system is rigged against the agents. You don't have a compensation plan that was fair to your Rocklin Ca, swing shift agents. If you did you wouldn't have gotten the reputation from agents and employment agencies in the area that you are a turnover mill. Good Riddance!

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance