There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

Great training, great people

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training. I felt very prepared for my job. Even after training the company provides a lot of support and ways to learn to do your job better.

Cons

Downsides related to the job - dealing with sometimes irate people. Even there Esurance gives reps a lot of latitude to give customers positive outcomes.

Keep the person centered management style - it works

188 Other Employee Reviews for Esurance (View Most Recent)

Great job for motivated people

Current Employee - Sales Agent II  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Agent II in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay structure to reward top performers, excellent benefits, very flexible schedule, clear expections and training to meet goals. Fun place to work where being an individual is encouraged.

Cons

Does not offer other positions if you are not a sales person, some opportunities to move to claims or customer service based off of location. If you come from another insurance company be ready for a change, Esurance does not do things the same as Geico/Progressive.

Have more merit increases to keep top performers and pay the sales managers an increased salary.

Engaging, challenging and endless opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

It's a casual, comfortable work environment (jeans every day!). I like that there is enough structure to reduce potential confusion, but the structure isn't stifling. The company requires all employees to complete at least 24 hours of education/training each year which I think is a great thing - I see it as an opportunity to expand my horizons and improve in my job. They offer a wide variety of training through Esurance University and allow training during working hours, or you can access it from home. Benefits are very good. The company also does a lot to show appreciation and encouragement to employees before, during and after big projects. It's pretty cool to be part of a company that is really starting to make a name for itself - the superbowl ad/twitter sweepstakes was awesome!

Cons

Just my commute, but I knew that going in. I plan to move closer eventually.

Consider evaluating the competing goals and objectives that some departments have, which put them at odds against each other sometimes creating frustration and the potential for lower quality end-results. Dev seems to hold the reigns more than the business groups in some instances and this can be contrary to quality and growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!