Esurance

www.esurance.com

Great training, great people

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Excellent training. I felt very prepared for my job. Even after training the company provides a lot of support and ways to learn to do your job better.

Cons

Downsides related to the job - dealing with sometimes irate people. Even there Esurance gives reps a lot of latitude to give customers positive outcomes.

Keep the person centered management style - it works

Other reviews for Esurance

Engaging, challenging and endless opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Pros

It's a casual, comfortable work environment (jeans every day!). I like that there is enough structure to reduce potential confusion, but the structure isn't stifling. The company requires all employees to complete at least 24 hours of education/training each year which I think is a great thing - I see it as an opportunity to expand my horizons and improve in my job. They offer a wide variety of training through Esurance University and allow training during working hours, or you can access it from home. Benefits are very good. The company also does a lot to show appreciation and encouragement to employees before, during and after big projects. It's pretty cool to be part of a company that is really starting to make a name for itself - the superbowl ad/twitter sweepstakes was awesome!

Cons

Just my commute, but I knew that going in. I plan to move closer eventually.

Consider evaluating the competing goals and objectives that some departments have, which put them at odds against each other sometimes creating frustration and the potential for lower quality end-results. Dev seems to hold the reigns more than the business groups in some instances and this can be contrary to quality and growth.

Great Culture!

Pros

Fun, energetic, smart people to work with
    Challenging work
    Open Communication
    Hard work is recognized and rewarded

Cons

Fast paced, it is not for everyone

Continue to keep up the good work on company communications. The townhalls are a great way to get us all on the same page.

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance.

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!