Esurance

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

Great training, great people

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Esurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent training. I felt very prepared for my job. Even after training the company provides a lot of support and ways to learn to do your job better.

Cons

Downsides related to the job - dealing with sometimes irate people. Even there Esurance gives reps a lot of latitude to give customers positive outcomes.

Keep the person centered management style - it works

200 Other Employee Reviews for Esurance (View Most Recent)

Engaging, challenging and endless opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

It's a casual, comfortable work environment (jeans every day!). I like that there is enough structure to reduce potential confusion, but the structure isn't stifling. The company requires all employees to complete at least 24 hours of education/training each year which I think is a great thing - I see it as an opportunity to expand my horizons and improve in my job. They offer a wide variety of training through Esurance University and allow training during working hours, or you can access it from home. Benefits are very good. The company also does a lot to show appreciation and encouragement to employees before, during and after big projects. It's pretty cool to be part of a company that is really starting to make a name for itself - the superbowl ad/twitter sweepstakes was awesome!

Cons

Just my commute, but I knew that going in. I plan to move closer eventually.

Consider evaluating the competing goals and objectives that some departments have, which put them at odds against each other sometimes creating frustration and the potential for lower quality end-results. Dev seems to hold the reigns more than the business groups in some instances and this can be contrary to quality and growth.

Run as fast as you can and don't look back!

Current Employee - Sales Agent II in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent II in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

decent salary, some nice managers, if you are lucky, you will get a decent one.

Cons

Where to start.....Absolutely cut-throat....do not assume that 8.5 years of being a very good, hard-working employee will protect you from anything awful, because they do not care about you in any way. While it is common to have to continuously "prove" yourself in a sales environment, they are extreme in their disregard for long-time, good sales people. They do not value true "salespeople", and do not make any concessions to try to keep you happy. Forget making plans/commitments on your off days, because your schedule will change (and sometimes dramatically) every few months. Forget feeling any sense of security, you will have none, and you will have to continuously meet higher and higher expectations to not only receive a bonus, but to even keep your job. The Good news is that if you don't like something, it will almost always change, unfortunately, it will not be in your favor. As I said, run away as fast as you can to avoid the misery of this job!

Recognize and reward your true "salespeople"! Consider creating an environment of trust and support instead of threats and fear. Set reasonable standards and stick to them...Realize that your salespeople will not be at their best when you constantly change their schedules and threaten their employment with your company. Be Fair and reasonable!

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance