There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

I've never loved getting up and goin into work Everyday until I started w/ Esurance

Current Employee - LRU Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
Current Employee - LRU Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Culture, the openess, the incentives and appreciation given are priceless. Oh, and the great benefits are a great plus, and there is a schedule around the clock that is usually suitable for anyone.

Cons

You might have to start off with a out of the ordinary schedule but there is always room for that to change to something more suitable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work . Integrity is always at work here.

Other Employee Reviews for Esurance

Best job of my life!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I had the privilege of working for Esurance during two huge rapid growth spurts, and I loved that they want people to step up, step in and help drive the company forward. Despite it being a highly regulated industry, they do some pretty cutting edge stuff. It is not at all political, and management has a healthy approach to leading the business.

Cons

Being acquired by Allstate has added some extra bureacracy. That said, most employees are not exposed to it.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people. And, stay real and authentic. Focus on keeping the special Esurance culture that you have.

Run as fast as you can and don't look back!

Current Employee - Sales Agent II in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent II in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

decent salary, some nice managers, if you are lucky, you will get a decent one.

Cons

Where to start.....Absolutely cut-throat....do not assume that 8.5 years of being a very good, hard-working employee will protect you from anything awful, because they do not care about you in any way. While it is common to have to continuously "prove" yourself in a sales environment, they are extreme in their disregard for long-time, good sales people. They do not value true "salespeople", and do not make any concessions to try to keep you happy. Forget making plans/commitments on your off days, because your schedule will change (and sometimes dramatically) every few months. Forget feeling any sense of security, you will have none, and you will have to continuously meet higher and higher expectations to not only receive a bonus, but to even keep your job. The Good news is that if you don't like something, it will almost always change, unfortunately, it will not be in your favor. As I said, run away as fast as you can to avoid the misery of this job!

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward your true "salespeople"! Consider creating an environment of trust and support instead of threats and fear. Set reasonable standards and stick to them...Realize that your salespeople will not be at their best when you constantly change their schedules and threaten their employment with your company. Be Fair and reasonable!