There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

This place sucks

Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster  in  Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at Esurance

Pros

Money. When I worked there, they were competitive. Now...who knows

Cons

Management. Your expendable. Your not looked at as an asset, but a liability.

Listen to your employees and treat you employees with respect, not like children. There is not team player type of an attitude at the company. It is an "us" against "them" attitude. When I was there, it over 20% of the staff walked. Management did nothing to address this or even acknowledge there was a problem.

188 Other Employee Reviews for Esurance (View Most Recent)

Esurance has potential but has a long way to go.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance

Pros

If you are in the IT department of Esurance, the salary is terrific. Another nice thing about the company is it is very involved in charitable causes, has a very diverse group of employees and is truly a very "green" company. The employees work very hard and are very supportive of each other; the management below Director-level also is mostly competent and supportive to their staffs. It could be a really great place to work if a few things were different.

Cons

The IT senior management (Directors and above) are erractic, disrespectful and completely demoralizing. Their attempts to establish processes and introduce methodologies have been ridiculous and have actually led to a more chaotic environment, for many reasons. They do not set clear expectations, they do not follow the processes they try to dictate, and they don't bother to get buy-in from affected business groups before they announce a new process so they end up creating a political firestorm every time they try to make a move they think will improve operations. Other minor downsides include a dress code that is too stringent, and work environment where cubes are small and low, which makes for a very distracting environment that impedes productivity. Morale is very low and people are leaving in droves.

I would recommend that the senior management stop micro-managing the day-to-day details and let the very competent IT managers work together with business stakeholders to develop processes that will benefit everyone. I would also takes steps to create a climate for the employees that aligns more with Esurance's public image and at the very least, allow employees to dress more casually and be comfortable as they work, without fearing it would make the company seem less professional. I'd worry much more about the unprofessional words that are spewed from the CIO's mouth every day that make everyone underneath him feel completely disrespected and unappreciated.

Regular if you are offshore. Cool if you are direct employee.

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to work in the framework.

Cons

As a Senior developer you are like the assistant of the assistant, too many "bosses". A lot of tension if something fails.

Sometimes the credit get stolen from the employees who really work and it's easy to blame the people who really works when things get bad. Too many bosses per team. Sometimes you don't have the same opportunities depending on your race.

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!