There are newer employer reviews for Esurance

Limited opportunity to grow and advance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my colleagues, good work/life balance and flexibility, supported outside training and prof growth and development

Cons

Company has changed a lot since being acquired. Does not thrive the same as before. Low morale, high turnover, and in need of better mgmt

reviews filtered by

a learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Esurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A good group of employess

Cons

Understaffed and no room for advancement

Encourage and reward the employess

Supervisor/helpdesk

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Anyone who's computer literate and eager to learn can work here. Middle management seems to care about employees. Most of them really impress me. Some seasoned employees. Ok benefits. They want to challenge their employees to challenge themselves. Highly competitive when looking to promote in some areas of the company. There are numerous ways to network yourself in a fast paced, rising company. Paying for the initial cost of getting licensed. Small bonuses at month end. Some incentives. Catering in the break room. Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company. Possibly of a new challenge daily. You always learn something new. Employees suggestions has helped save the company a lot of time and hassle in some situations. Always somewhere you can promote to. Multiple locations nationwide. Sioux falls office is probably the best place to work out of all the others. Lots of different dept in one building allows for creative ideas to improve the company. They aren't there yet, but some of Management/Corp have good minds for where to go with the company. Management is always trying to find ways to help reps succeed and to also improve the company.

Cons

There are people who are major players in the company who are making big decisions, who seemingly have no idea what it's like for the Dedicated employees who interact with customers. There are people making changes who have never had to sit and be verbally abused by a customer because of processes and daily pain points.

That aside, I feel that nobody working in SA/TL spot is being paid a respectable wage compared to expectations (or other businesses in the area) At the very least a minimum starting wage of $15-$17 per hour in Sioux falls would be competitive to what I've been offered at other companies. SA alone handles a good number of major functions of the company. The company "revised" the pay structure, but all that means is you still don't get paid more based on expectations changing as frequently as they do. We do what we do, very well for the most part. It'd be nice to be recognized for that from time to time.

I've been with the company for over 4 years and have been treated decently. Unfortunately, after looking at other jobs in different call centers, and other insurance companies, I've realized that we are very under paid for what we are asked to do. I have been hearing the same from other teammates as well. I'm sticking it out to see how the changes go. Not sticking around more than another year if pay doesn't improve.

How in the heck has nobody attacked the issues we have daily with our LCSRs. I used to be proud to say I got to where I am now because of the things I learned there. However, when you pay them (and most anyone in team lead and lower paybands) as little as you do, for what you expect from them....we get the San Antonio office. The sups and TLs there (with exception to a select few) must not coach their reps at all. I've sent numerous coachings on 9-10 agents there and I continue to see the same issues. Hold reps accountable for their mistakes. Corrective action for quality needs to be addressed. Simply because it never happens. Some sups in SF and San Antonio need to be looked at very closely.

There are newer employer reviews for Esurance