Ethan Allen
www.ethanallen.com Danbury, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Disappointing

Design Consultant (Former Employee)
Vienna, VA

I worked at Ethan Allen

ProsGood Benefits, fun and helpful fellow workers, good looking showroom, the training is good as far as customer psychology goes, but not enough emphasis on doing what is best for customer.

ConsMisleading interviews telling you that good interior design is what is wanted when really what they want are high sales numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore respect for the designers efforts. Most respect is shown to designers who have the highest numbers, even though their designs are full of problems once they are installed.

Very glad to be with Ethan Allen

Design Consultant (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Ethan Allen

Pros: Latitude to run my own business with good support from the company; I ran my own business for over ten years, with the economic downturn… Cons: Dealing with whoever walks through the door! I've had some very rude and even odd people, but overall the customers are good and the… Advice to Senior Management: Slow down the technology! other than that, I think the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible place to work

Design Consultant (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Ethan Allen

Pros: The brand name and quality of products are good. Corporate Ethan Allen seems much more… Cons: Poor pay for level of performance/qualifications. Salary (straight commission) numbers are highly exaggerated during interview process. Management by fear and intimidation is rampant. Long-term… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees fairly and with respect! Share in the wealth that your design… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ethan Allen.

Worked for Ethan Allen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ethan Allen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ethan Allen CEO M. Farooq Kathwari. All reviews posted anonymously by Ethan Allen employees.