Ethan Allen

Disappointing

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Vienna, VA
Former Employee - Design Consultant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Ethan Allen

Pros

Good Benefits, fun and helpful fellow workers, good looking showroom, the training is good as far as customer psychology goes, but not enough emphasis on doing what is best for customer.

Cons

Misleading interviews telling you that good interior design is what is wanted when really what they want are high sales numbers.

More respect for the designers efforts. Most respect is shown to designers who have the highest numbers, even though their designs are full of problems once they are installed.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Ethan Allen (View Most Recent)

Very glad to be with Ethan Allen

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Ethan Allen

Pros

Latitude to run my own business with good support from the company; I ran my own business for over ten years, with the economic downturn I had to seek outside employment. I am very happy that I got this opportunity and the experience has been very good. A good balance between charting my own course and getting the support and training that I need. The product and customers are outstanding! There is constant training and a positive environment most of the time. Some others don't seem to appreciate how good they have it here, I love the fact that we are busy, busy busy!

Cons

Dealing with whoever walks through the door! I've had some very rude and even odd people, but overall the customers are good and the clients that I end up working with are wonderful. The technology changes rapidly and I find myself constantly having to learn new programs, etc. This is a very ambitious company with a lot of "drive".

Slow down the technology! other than that, I think the company is well run and the staff works very well together.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Design Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Ethan Allen

Pros

The brand name and quality of products are good. Corporate Ethan Allen seems much more in-tune and professional in their treatment of design staff than this particular franchisee in San Antonio.

Cons

Poor pay for level of performance/qualifications. Salary (straight commission) numbers are highly exaggerated during interview process. Management by fear and intimidation is rampant. Long-term employees are not a good indicator that it is a good place to work. "Veterans" have sweetheart pay & perks while newcomers are the work horses who often go unpaid for work due to "employment rules" which prevent payment of commissions under various circumstances. Shady business practices are the norm here. No reimbursement of travel, car, cell. expenses for required in-home consultations.

Treat employees fairly and with respect! Share in the wealth that your design sales people create. Stop profiting off the backs of single women and minority employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Ethan Allen