Internship with Etihad Airways MNL Airport Station

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Etihad Airways as an intern

Pros

Everyone made sure that we learn everything we can and showed how great the company is. Supervisors let us know how the company operates and made sure we here clearly hear what happens every flight briefing. I was very much encouraged to pursue a career with Etihad as a direct employee.

Cons

Please make sure to give more incentives for those employees the company gets from manpower agencies. They are the ones who worked the most, ensuring guests are comfortable, yet they are not that properly compensated.

Advice to Management

Make sure even the ground handling agents are properly compensated. Ive seen how so many GREAT agents resign because of "too much work but not enough pay". I would've like to work for Etihad as a GHA, but It willl be a very stressful and depressing job if I feel im worth close to nothing.

Other Employee Reviews for Etihad Airways

Once in a lifetime experience

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Etihad Airways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Modern free shared accommodation Free transport to and from work Paid training Excellent tax free salary Charming city to live in Abu dhabi Discount airfares for friends and family/ travel benefits Free dry cleaning for uniform Fast promotion within the company You get paid to travel to exotic amazing places every day, when many people save money to travel to those places once a year, but you do this almost every day

Cons

Stressful Lots of pressure Jet lag Live far away from family and friends

A company Barely run by inexperience and smoke screens by a group of friends.

Current Employee - Management in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Management in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Etihad Airways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

if you know the right people, growth is easy regardless of credentials, "We need quantity not Quality", HR. So based on this comment from HR, getting a job is easy, passing basic training is based on how many crew are needed to graduate that week.

Cons

Company changes roster times to suit legalities regardless of the truth, adults (40yrs) sharing accommodation with 2 other room mates, treated like a child, given false information for GCAA regulations, Management corrupt, management have no experience and more VP's then aircraft to take massive salaries and give nothing to company as a whole. Useless general staff from countries which provide cheap labor and run the company on a "pay peanuts, get monkeys" formula

Advice to Management

Treat you staff how you want your staff to treat your guests...maybe then you might have a real shot at winning a legit award (Not Paid for ones), stop putting a finger in every piece of the corporate pie, always remember.... Every Dog has his Day.!