There are newer employer reviews for Etsy

engaging, exhilarating, enigmatic, effervescent, ebullient, enticing, employment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Etsy

Pros

Etsy is highly passionate, highly intelligent, highly capable company with a huge vision. It's a constantly evolving atmosphere where creativity and outspokenness are genuinely appreciated and rewarded. That, and we throw one hell of a party.

Cons

Because things are constantly in flux, the environment can be disjointed at times--communication breaks down and projects, people, and spaces are left without an owner.

As Etsy grows, it's important that we identify and solve operational problems while we push new code to the site. Clear internal structures and communications can only serve to increase clarity for our members, creating a better experience for the Etsy community as a whole.

reviews filtered by
  1. Wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Etsy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This was an excellent place to work. I enjoyed my time immensely, and have nothing but good things to say. If you want to work with people who actually CARE about the work they do, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to get to know people, as it is a rapidly growing company.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Amazing, fun corporate culture if you're on the right team

I worked at Etsy (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, good cause, creative community, Etsy school, beautiful work environment, free lunches (Eatsy), some opportunities for personal and professional growth.

Cons

Some teams are more dysfunctional than others. No matter what, you have to be an incredibly strong self-advocate and hyper-aware of office politics to get ahead. Sometimes it feels like you're competing too much with co-workers for recognition, which inevitably eats into your work/life balance because you feel like you always have to be over preforming to be on par.

Do satisfaction surveys for each individual team to make sure everyone at Etsy is benefiting from supportive management and the great overall company culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Etsy