Eugene School District 4J
4j.lane.edu Eugene, OR 1000 to 5000 Employees

Steady Work - Limited Opportunities

ProsGood health/retirement benefits. Most jobs low-stress. Schools will be around forever. Union employees are protected from unfair/unreasonable labor practices.

ConsReduced funding means cutbacks and more work for remaining staff. Growing state and federal mandates mean more complex, stressful work - for same pay and uncompensated overtime (for professionals and management). Not much room for advancement, or opportunities to develop professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementSooner or later, someone is going to have to say enough is enough - you can't expect a shrinking number of staff to do more and more work.

Well meaning, but will take advantage.

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Eugene, OR

I worked at Eugene School District 4J full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Casual dress, people really do care about education. Cons: Not enough people to do what is needed and when you are found capable can easily be taken advantage… Advice to Senior Management: Hope the new Super is changing some of these things. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Generally satisfied

I have been working at Eugene School District 4J

Pros: The benefits are very good. I enjoy the hours, working with students… Cons: The beauracracy can be really frustrating. The ridiculous amount of… Advice to Senior Management: As a government entity I don't know if the beauracracy… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Eugene School District 4J.

Worked for Eugene School District 4J? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eugene School District 4J reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Eugene School District 4J employees.