Euro RSCG Life

There's no "there" there

Current Employee - Copy Supervisor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Copy Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Euro RSCG Life

Pros

Good health plan. Some nice people. They have implemented a digital training initiative, which is a great idea. And these days it's good to have a job.

Cons

Impersonal. Lots of people are crammed into one big work space and people don't even know each other's names or jobs. There are lots of freelancers and people are shifted from desk to desk often, so there is an oddly impersonal feel to the place. I have been in meetings where I did not know the names or job titles of my fellow attendees and nobody bothered introducing anyone. Very weird. There is a lack of communication from management. Nobody knows what is going on, and there have been a lot of changes. When you ask, they kind of snip at you as if it's none of your business. People are not happy. I know of at least three young employees who left without having another job -- just couldn't take it anymore and were angry at the way they were being treated by their managers and at inequities in the workplace.

Try to see things from the employees point of view and figure out what might really motivate them to better performance. That would be respect, humanity, and real rewards for hard work--how about a comp time policy for employees who have worked brutal hours for a few days or weeks, or small bonuses?

21 Other Employee Reviews for Euro RSCG Life (View Most Recent)

Euro RSCG Life--Creative Dept

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Euro RSCG Life

Pros

Supportive, personable atmosphere. Good at promoting from within. Smart, competent people.

Cons

Company tends to be a little restrictive about spending on little things (Kleenex, good coffee/tea) and bigger things (Blackberry or laptops for employees).

Some Creative and Account employees are burned out from working excess hours without enough staffing support or mentoring/direction.

In retrospect - not so bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Euro RSCG Life

Pros

Everyone expects to work long hours at an ad agency. But looking back, the hours we put in at Euro weren't so bad. The leadership may have made some bad decisions along the way, but they were mostly transparent and were willing to take chances.

Cons

Pharma advertising isn't for everyone. You are so restricted by med/reg/legal requirements and conservative clients that it's hard to do cool stuff.

It's not just about numbers on a spreadsheet. Your people are your most important asset and shouldn't be minimized to figures.

There are newer employer reviews for Euro RSCG Life