Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories

There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories

Management isn't the best

Current Employee - Chemist in Lancaster, PA
Current Employee - Chemist in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great for recent grads. Great experience and plenty of overtime.

Cons

Pay is horrible, forced overtime, lack of resources. Some people in management have no business making any decisions.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Good for Recent Grads

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co Workers are friendly and the system here is very organized

Cons

No room for learning, all they want is a robot to finish their work

Only Gave One Star Because I Couldn't Give 0 Stars...

Former Employee - Senior Lab Technician in Franklin Park, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Lab Technician in Franklin Park, IL

I worked at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are great and go through the same "pains" as you. The benefits are great, good amount of days of PTO starts accruing from day one, 401K match, health/dental/vision benefits, etc

Cons

This is honestly the worst place I could have ever imagined. I highly recommend reconsidering before accepting employment, especially if it is with the PSS (professional scientific staffing) department, ie) not located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. PSS is a brilliant idea, it really is, but the execution is atrocious. They send you to the site that you are going to work at, after three days of training, and then you are completely on your own. I have experienced three managers in just over a year and all have been extremely rude, disorganized, incompetent, and unfit to manage people. The pay is very low compared to industry standard. They do nothing to accommodate proper hygiene (I've been wearing the same dirty lab coat for months) and they don't care about your safety and health concerns in the lab. They have no concern for your personal life or work/life balance. You will be required to "be flexible to the clients needs" and have to work 10-12 hour days and every weekend. If you ask for vacation months ahead of time, they still won't give you approval until a week before so there is no planning long vacations with flights. I really don't recommend this company at all. If you file an ethics complaint, they will completely ignore you, and then your manager will scream at you and tell you to never try to go over their heads again. They tell you that they "hire from within"...don't listen to them, that is not true. After a year of working there they will tell you that they "made a mistake" with your title, give you a new title and many more tasks to do, but no raise because "that is what you were actually hired at the entire time."

Senior management on site is a mess. In just over a year there I had two managers who knew absolutely nothing and had zero social skills. It's embarrassing. Try hiring quality managers instead of the cheapest people you can get. Take the advice of the employees when you interview for new people: if they all say NO to one person you probably shouldn't hire them. Maybe even personality test them because my experiences show they lied through the entire interview process. Listen to ethics complaints because that is a law suit waiting to happen- if the manager is being completely sexist, talking about his employees private things with other employees, and hitting tables and screaming and causing scenes- he probably shouldn't be a manager anymore..

There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories