There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific

Filthy Restrooms, 10 year old technology and Employee Unfriendly policies

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Tech Lead in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Cabs, Free food (Not good) and friendly people
Short time onsites.
Good pay.

Cons

Please do not join this company. There is no transparency. They tell that job in advanced technologies and after joining you will see that is in very old technologies like classic ASP, VB6 etc. Please be very care full joining in Bangalore location. Also it has filthy rest rooms equivalent to one in bus stands.
Those who go to short term onsite need to serve company for another 10 months even the onsite is for 2 weeks. Otherwise need to payback the onsite expenditure back to company.
No understanding of what we are going to work.
Employee unfriendly, no work from home policy.

Advice to Management

Keep a transparency on what exactly employees work. and about the policies
Please introduce employee friendly policy instead of the unrealistic travel policy.
Also, note that employees stay in a company based on trust and not based on restricted policies.

reviews filtered by

Great People

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I'm surprised at the people who say there are no career opportunities with Eurofins. Have been here for a number of years and received numerous promotions. Possibly the location they work and the position they held/currently hold, but I have not found that to be the case. Exceptionally nice people; especially the directors. They value their employees like family.

Cons

Insurance is expensive for families and does not seem to be decreasing as the number of employees increases, which is what I would expect with so many acquisitions. If you were not on the upper end of the salary range, family insurance would not be affordable. The company is growing extremely quickly, so if you are not flexible, you will find yourself out of the loop and lost in the shuffle. The pay is fair, but not exceptional for expectations.

Advice to Management

Communication, communication...

This is a dead end job for most

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a place where you can gain a good set of skills in the laboratory. In my experience, I had great co-workers who were good to work with. The benefits are good if you are paying for yourself, only.

Cons

One of the major reasons there is a high turnover rate is because of the poor pay. If you are thinking about paying for healthcare for your family or you and your spouse, the premiums are outrageous. Personally, I would have had to use at least 40% of my monthly income to pay for family coverage. I couldn't afford it.
    I have known some of the hardest working people who stuck around waiting and waiting for an increase in pay or a job promotion, only to be disappointed.
    From what I've seen, upper management will keep those who have worked there for a long time even when they treat newer employees like garbage.

Advice to Management

If you gave your employees pay increases other than the standard cost of living increase, they would have hope for their jobs. I feel like all the hard work that I've done has simply gone unnoticed.

There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific