Eurofins Scientific

www.eurofins.com

Ends unemployment because they employ anyone, but they are bullies and unproffesional

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician  in  Acton, London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Acton, London, England (UK)

Pros

They always have vacancies because so many staff leave, longest people stay is two years because they cant find other jobs, more recently people stay 6 months in the job and return to studies or just quit. I was however told it is the company policy to have staff leaving as it is part of the business plan. Therefore as I said there are always vacancies.

You can eat the food that isn't tested in the food lab during 1 hour dinner break, or you can take home the chocolates after work.

Can leave early if all the work is done, hours 2pm to 10pm

Staff they employ are nice people. And when I started felt close to staff there but as staff leave and new staff join the feelings change.

Cons

Some practices were poor habits, such as the pippette skills or overflowing bins. You are rushed and told to work faster and faster with profits placed before quality. I found some of their practices difficult to accept as they were not how we were taught to work in school.

They employ women the majority of time because cheaper than men. Also almost all staff are foreign. Was told because women are faster than men and foreign workers suffer less stress.

The manager watches staff through window at his desk to make sure everyone working, they also put CCTV cameras up to watch staff.

The bins outside are full and piled against the wall because the company tries to save money with collections. Rats were once reported in the building but staff were told it was because they are untidy in the staff room.

If the work is finished early you leave early but if not complete you are forced to work up to 2am. On a 12 hour shift.

On one occasion the pipe broke and they were worried about contamination as contaminated water samples are poured down charcoal drains and but still survive in pipes.

The floor had not been cleaned since the site opened ten years early and needed cleaning to impress customer, although auditors do visit and never complained.

You are made to lift heavy boxes and water samples come in trays with 20 water bottles on a tray. When I complained it was tiring I was told if I could not do the job to leave.

Have anonymous staff complaints box so staff could vent their frustrations before they get angry and leave.

Pay staff similar pay and dont have staff starting the same day on different wages because of agencies.

Other reviews for Eurofins Scientific

I have worked at Eurofins for 3 years

Former Employee - Microbiologist  in  Otterbourne, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Microbiologist in Otterbourne, England (UK)

Pros

Friendly staff
    Learning new skills, continuous training

Cons

The pay! Oh the pay! Breadline you say? Actually worse. Unless you are absolutely desperate seek employment elsewhere.

It's simple: better pay means people are happier and stay for longer. Low pay means you have high turnover, you spend long time training new staff, low skilled workforce.

Microbiologist

Current Employee - Microbiologist  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Microbiologist in London, England (UK)

Pros

Very Good laboratory maintaining all the safety regulations. Good Experience working here

Cons

Odd work timings. May have to stay for extra hours depending on the work

There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific.

Worked for Eurofins Scientific? Contribute to the Community!