Euromonitor

www.euromonitor.com
  www.euromonitor.com
There are newer employer reviews for Euromonitor

ok

I have been working at Euromonitor

Pros

laid back work environment, relatively flat organizational structure. Highly educated employee's with a variety of experience.

Cons

upward mobility and profesional devlopment is very limited. high potential to burn out, same type of work year round only on shortened time frames.

listen to employeee's about how to improve the company. Pay based on merit rather than time at position.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Euromonitor (View Most Recent)

No investment in quality research + bad, bad leadership = a recipe for disaster

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Euromonitor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Euromonitor has a great reputation within its legacy products in the international business world.

The office culture and processes are built so that you really have to learn all aspects of the business in order to be successful there. This makes it a great learning opportunity to translate into future employment elsewhere.

Despite all the cons, it seems like management in the Chicago office anyway may finally be starting to wake up and realize that they need to listen to their employees. They've started a training program of sorts and have started doing internal surveys for feedback on what they can improve. It's a start.

Cons

The company is not consistent with allowing some people to have a flexible work environment, but not everyone. I saw colleagues at both my level and at the managerial level have a regular work from home arrangement, but I was denied the same consideration in my formal request because “the company doesn’t allow for this.” If Euromonitor doesn’t want to allow for any flexible arrangements, then do so consistently across employees. Do not make exceptions for some individuals but not for others, and especially do not make exceptions for management but not for lower employees.

Don't expect any clear structure or policies.

This place is definitely not a meritocracy either. Don't expect surpassing your goals to earn you any credibility. They are looking for "yes" people here.

Over the course of almost 5 years, the structure was changed in some way every single year. They seem more concerned with trying some new internal organizational structure than with hiring the right people for the right jobs and training and motivating them well.

It absolutely never bothered me that there's high turnover in sales, as I see this as a normal part of the profession. What does bother me a lot, though, is the insane amount of turnover in the syndicated and custom research teams. Not only have pretty much all the experienced people left, but they hire in entry level analysts who have no idea what they are doing and then don't properly train them. This has directly resulted in clients questioning the credibility of our syndicated research. Custom research projects have gone so badly that long standing clients demand refunds, and the rest of us are left apologizing and trying to convince the client that it's the exception rather than the unfortunate rule nowadays. Then management gets on our cases for not making enough sales.

Be more worried about hiring, developing, and keeping great staff behind the core research offerings. Clients are noticing the falling quality and now that "international" is the hot topic in the business world you've got plenty of competitors who are more than happy to take your clients of your plate.

Good entry level or low level sales position

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Euromonitor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office location is great, and the culture is much more relaxed than many larger corporate or public employers. Compensation is not exactly competitive, but the fringe benefits are good (fresh fruit and veggies delivered every week, free healthcare for individuals, 3 weeks vacation to start.

Cons

There don't appear to be any career growth opportunities. Training is very haphazard, although they are trying to make an effort to improve this. Also, the CEO is a complete nutbag.

There are newer employer reviews for Euromonitor