There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

It's a love/hate relationship

Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Make a lot of money right away...the girls at my location get along very well (no drama) personally I'm grossing 35k a year and only work 30 hours a week...I have seniority so I can get away with more. The wax is the best and the products are awesome. Loyal clients, some bring us gifts. even if you work an entire shift without one guest you still make money but not more than $10hr...if you include commission and tips your estimated hourly wage could be $12hr-$36hr (that is the least and most I have ever made but I avg around $20-$25 hr

Cons

memorized scripts work well with new guests but I don't want to stick to them when I've been seeing a guest for months or years on end. They keep track of EVERYTHING which is good but if you aren't meeting certain numbers they swear the earth is ending. Getting time off is like a crap shoot...you never kno if you're gonna get it... unfortunately the girls at my location call in sick instead of asking (we all get along so we know whats up but don't rat each other out)
If you want to go to school or get a second job you have to do it quietly because it is against the rules (which I think is illegal)

stop micro-managing, calm down, really listen and don't pretend to listen...allow us to have second jobs or go to school

reviews filtered by

Don't Get Sucked In!

Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Clear,set, schedule
    Good relationships with owners, other employees (depending on your location)

Cons

Minimum wage
    Constant sales goals to be met,They make you feel horrible if you don't meet them!
    EVERYTHING you do and say is scripted! Makes it difficult to enjoy your job when you're just following your "scripts" day after day and when I say EVERYTHING is scripted...I really mean that.From the moment a guest walks in the door till the minute they leave.
    You constantly have to push for "package sales" and "pass sales"...even when the guest declines the offer, EWC wants you to come back with certain scripts,still trying to push them to buy stuff they don't need! :/

The whole appointment book and scheduling is COMPLETELY insane as far as procedure and keeping track of EVERY single person that has ever walked through the EWC doors.
    The whole front area is LOADED with cameras and microphones so managers can watch and listen at all times,whenever they feel.
    REally made you feel like you were in more of a prison than work place.

Not the best place to work, but not the worst

Former Employee - Waxing Specialist in Fairfield, CT
    Former Employee - Waxing Specialist in Fairfield, CT

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can make good money if you try (i got payed $9.00 per hour plus tips and commission) , easy to get hired at(they didnt even give me a real interview, i sent them my resume and they met with me to ask what days i could come for training) , payed training(only at some locations) , good commission (10% retail, 5% services), lots of down time

Cons

SO unorganized (manager would text me when to come in for training, then when i would go she would say they forgot i was coming so there was no one to train me), had me doing bikini waxes before they trained me how which lead to many unhappy customers, no set schedules (they would text me the day before saying i had to work tomorrow). One morning they sent me a text asking why i wasnt there and i said because no one told me to work that day. I tried to tell them how unprofessional they were being and she said "they're too busy running a fortune 500 company" and then they never texted or called me to work again so i guess i was fired. you have to buy scrubs, shoes, and special expensive tweezers before you can start, no opportunitys to advance.

Dont hire young managers who have no idea how to run a business, set up a way to give employees real schedules like print outs for the week or something. make a better way to train people, 4 hours a week for a month is not effective

There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center