There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

management and schedule sucked.

Former Employee - Waxing Specialist in Allen, TX
Former Employee - Waxing Specialist in Allen, TX

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my co workers.

Cons

Demanding on sales and time to get things done. Barely had time for lunch. Management had no clue about esthetics and told us the educated ones how they thought we should do things.

Advice to Management

Do it because you know and like what you do. If your in it just for money you will have a high turn over rate.

reviews filtered by
  1. A good company as a whole

Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at European Wax Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a solid structure. Easy to follow pay, easy to build clientele.

Cons

Each is a franchise, and individually owned. So management is always a toss up.

Advice to Management

Be more professional with scheduling

Don't do it.

Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let's see..Nope, can't think of any.

Cons

Overworked and grossly underpaid. Micromanaged does not even begin to describe it. Horrible hours and the "training" provided is a joke. If you like to work ridiculous hours, make practically minimum wage, don't mind working with inexperienced/incompetent people and have the ability to oversell products that under perform, this may be a great job for you. Otherwise - Keep on looking! (That's what I'm doing...but nobody will hire me with this dump on my resume!)

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the crappy products that don't even work along with the over-pushy sales tactics used to sell them. Provide better training to inexperienced estheticians. Focus on quality over quantity. Give your employees a much-needed pay raise. Allow for a better work life balance. Tone down micromanagement. Use higher quality wax that doesn't kill clients. Hire better quality employees that don't continue to damage the company's already shotty reputation. Stop opening more locations before all the current ones can even get on their feet. Stop advertising free services. (Doing this only brings in cheap clients who cannot afford the already under priced services who never come back. Waste of time and products.)