There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

Not the job for you if you are not a salesman.

Former Employee - Wax Specialist
Former Employee - Wax Specialist

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great experience, clean place, great clients

Cons

EWC has lots of potential. Clean environment, great clientele but, sadly management does not know the importance of employee satisfaction. They pay $10.00 after you become an experience waxer. You also get a commission for selling their products. The downside is that they don't offer a good benefit package and employee retention is not high on their list. Managers don't have formal business education and they like to rule by fear. In the two years that I worked for them I realized that they hire very young girls (19 years or so) with little life experience and they intimidate and abuse them verbally if they don't sell the company product or make mistakes. The work environment is stressful as there is lots of drama between management and waxers as the waxers have to fight with management get a day off, or even a lunch break. The management has no formal training hence they are not equipped to properly manage. After two years I left once they started threatening to fire people that did not meet their selling quota. I am a professional waxer not a salesman. EWC could be a great place to work for if they change their management style. I miss my old co-workers and my clients but not the stress or the managers.

Don't place so much emphasis in sales

reviews filtered by
  1. Wax Specialist

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great upbeat place to work! Products I believe in. Clean and professional environment with a family feel.

Cons

The commission/bonus structure changes too much. You need to ask 4 weeks in advance for time off.

2. Atrociously Horrid Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at European Wax Center part-time

Pros

The only positive thing to come from my employment with this company were the friendships and connections I made with equally mistreated co-workers. And I also learned exactly what type of company and environment I will never work in again.

Cons

The owners of the location were verbally and mentally abusive. They had absolutely no experience with owning, let alone running a small business. It became the epitome of a hostile work environment. They micromanaged daily operations but were completely unavailable and hands off for any customer service issues, in essence, making each a bigger problem resulting in a tarnished reputation. We were constantly forced to hit unrealistic sales quotas, the expectations of which were determined by the sales of facilities that had been open for the same amount of time, regardless of their size, amount of employees or even location. Our jobs were threatened weekly, sometimes daily or even hourly, if we did not meet certain "goals".

Sell the franchise. You're not cut out for it.

There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center