There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

Not the job for you if you are not a salesman.

Former Employee - Wax Specialist
Former Employee - Wax Specialist

I worked at European Wax Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience, clean place, great clients

Cons

EWC has lots of potential. Clean environment, great clientele but, sadly management does not know the importance of employee satisfaction. They pay $10.00 after you become an experience waxer. You also get a commission for selling their products. The downside is that they don't offer a good benefit package and employee retention is not high on their list. Managers don't have formal business education and they like to rule by fear. In the two years that I worked for them I realized that they hire very young girls (19 years or so) with little life experience and they intimidate and abuse them verbally if they don't sell the company product or make mistakes. The work environment is stressful as there is lots of drama between management and waxers as the waxers have to fight with management get a day off, or even a lunch break. The management has no formal training hence they are not equipped to properly manage. After two years I left once they started threatening to fire people that did not meet their selling quota. I am a professional waxer not a salesman. EWC could be a great place to work for if they change their management style. I miss my old co-workers and my clients but not the stress or the managers.

Don't place so much emphasis in sales

121 Other Employee Reviews for European Wax Center (View Most Recent)

Friendly, energetic workplace

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at European Wax Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

As a guest service coordinator you get discounted products (40% off). Team oriented environment and flexible scheduling. They offer sales compensation and if you do really well in your sales goals they offer extra bonus' each month and also do competitions between store locations

Cons

I felt that all employees should be able to receive free waxing services, not just the wax specialists. Working as a guest service coordinator you receive 30% off all services. Most of the time they run specials that allow their guests to save 25% on services if they purchase a prepaid wax pass, so as an employee you don't get that much more of a discount.

Give all employees free services!

Fantastic way to make money, with the right management.

Current Employee - Wax Specialist  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the ability to make great money, great products, easy to build clientele.

Cons

No benefits, time off difficult.

The management makes all the difference in the franchise. The company itself is well organized and efficient, but having experienced business management is the key to making the whole system work. Most of the complaints I've read involve unprofessional or unjust management, and do not effect the corporate structure. The management in nashbille is great. Not Micro managed. If you're someone who comes in with a good attitude and likes to work you shouldn't have any issues. It is BUSY so you have potential to make great money. But if you're a person who prefers to be in a spa environment with 2-3 guests per day with down time, this probably isn't the best fit for you. The shifts are short but busy, which maximizes your tips. I work about 30 hours per week and make roughly 1.5 times what I made working 40+ hours else wear.

There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

Worked for European Wax Center? Contribute to the Community!