There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

Great Starter job for estheticians

I have been working at European Wax Center

Pros

Work around your availability. Make money according to the amount of services you're willing to perform. Hourly, tips, commission from services AND products.

Cons

There were None. Really easy job. Well... minus the fact that you have to wear red scrubs every day.

147 Other Employee Reviews for European Wax Center (View Most Recent)

Good starting off point

Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Employee - Waxing Specialist in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tips are good. I like the atmosphere and the people that I work with. You have your own room everyday, so you're not forced to work with people you do not get along with. Opportunities to make more money with tips, commissions, and bonuses.

Cons

Strong focus on selling their products and adding on services. No benefits. Low hourly pay. Low commissions.

Pay your waxers more hourly and commission. Without us, you would not have a business.

High pressure sales

Former Employee - Wax Specialist
    Former Employee - Wax Specialist

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-It's a cool place to start your career as an esthetician IF you feel your specialty is in hair removal.
    -Amazing coworkers
    -You get hourly plus commission and tips (good and bad)

Cons

-Comission is super low.
    -Hourly is very low, so on a slow day you are making LESS than the legal minimum wage.
    -They pressure you to pressure guests to purchase a product or wax pass
    -If sales quota isn't met you are in danger of losing shifts
    -Sales quota is too high
    -15 minutes for a Brazilian bikini wax is doable, but not on EVERYONE
    -I have had 4 different managers in the two years I have worked there
    -Last manager was culturally insensitive (I guess that would be a personal issue though)
    -Was told by manager that "you are expected to stay in your rooms during free time and practice SCRIPTS"
    -EWC is pretty much a Supercuts for waxing, with that said don't expect such a high class clientele.

To management and corporate:
    Not everyone can make a $4 per person product sale. Some estheticians can't sell as well as others. Same goes with guest services and wax passes. The manager should also be a little more mature and be a little more PC since not every one has the same views on things. Four managers in two years is a bit ridiculous. Maybe you should actually hire someone that's not within the company and has had some experience in management.

There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center