European Wax Center

www.waxcenter.com
  www.waxcenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center

Great potential for growth if you can sell sell sell

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate
Current Employee - Guest Service Associate

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hourly pay, plus commission, plus bonuses. You make what you put into it. Great opportunity to meet amazing people (customers and employees). There are scripts for every imaginable situation which pretty much do your job for you. Corporate is very active in the company. The company takes pride in what they do and the products actually work.

Cons

Highly sales driven. There are sales goals you must meet each pay period. Some centers give hours to employees based on how much they can make the company so hours and paychecks can be somewhat inconsistent. You sales and if you are passing or failing are often posted for everyone to see and management often promotes competition within departments.

181 Other Employee Reviews for European Wax Center (View Most Recent)

Sad to go

Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at European Wax Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Clean and smelled great ! Great start to the experience
    Professional attire
    New Concept in waxing with the memberships
    Decent income you earn what you put out
    Loved my job
    Training in the beginning was very helpful

Cons

Catty employees will start gossip
    Must meet product sales goals or fired
    NO FREE SERVICES for employees
    No expectation defined in print
    New to area but Not to the US should have had theses things arranged.

Be mindful of your dedicated employees and treat them correctly. Do NOT listen to gossip , money talks BS walks. So will your Good employees.

Great place to work for a person who loves to wax.

I worked at European Wax Center

Pros

There's paid training; 2-3 days with a wax trainer then you get 2 days to do free waxing for guests. Once you're finished with training it's impossible to feel uncomfortable once you're an offical wax specialist. The company is keen on being consistent and having a sanitary center/ wax rooms. When you start, your hourly is minimum wage and you can make up to $9/hr if you pass your evaluations. Pay is: hourly, plus commission on all services, products sold, and cash tips (if tipped on card it gets put on your paycheck)

Cons

Depending on the owner of the store you have a 50/50 chance of having professional, caring, and honest management. The center I worked in did not have a franchise owner liked by any of the workers. The manager was ok, but not professional. During the winter season it can be difficult to keep your numbers up, which can lead to a one on one meeting with the manager. Insurance: expensive, expensive, expensive.

Make sure the franchise owners are good people. Good meaning, professional, compassionate, and able to speak to employees with respect. When I was let go, management refused to give me a reason as to why I would no longer be an employee at the EWC. Funny, this was the day after I asked about insurance, which was supposed to be discussed with me months prior. (Which I had asked many times about insurance before, guess they didn't want to pay the small percent) Dispite the particular owners and manger of the center I was in, I loved my job. Also, many of my guests and I agree there should be different sized products; for traveling or frequent use. And a different container for, "restore it" due to how quickly a guest would go through one tube.

There are newer employer reviews for European Wax Center