Evangelical Christian Credit Union

Values-driven Enterprise

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Brea, CA
Former Employee - Technical Writer in Brea, CA

I worked at Evangelical Christian Credit Union

Pros

The people you work with are generally really nice people. The values of the company are practiced. The ongoing training regime for new employees when they come on board is fantastic. There are all the bank holidays that are nice. The company really takes seriously its mission of being a premier ministry banking resource. One aspect I particularly enjoyed was the weekly staff meeting that was really like a mini church service. We had a band of musically talented employees who would lead us in worship, and then either the CEO or a guest speaker would deliver some words of encouragement. A great mid-week pick-me-up.

Cons

The culture supports trying to do too many things at once. Multiple initiatives and cross-functional projects may leave you feeling as though you aren't accomplishing as much as you'd like because you spend a lot of time in meetings.

Keep up the good work.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Evangelical Christian Credit Union (View Most Recent)

Overall good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I worked at Evangelical Christian Credit Union full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

High integrity, high caliber individuals work here. ECCU strives to create a culture of life balance for its employees. They offer a great benefits package even though compensation (pay rate) is generally lower than industry standards.

Cons

Facing some tough times, decision making regarding staffing is poor and is causing staff morale to decrease.

Maximize the investments made in people in order to boost employee morale and retain business knowledge for the overall good of the company.

Christian Based Company with many flaws

I worked at Evangelical Christian Credit Union full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are overall nice friendly people. Having a nice gym on site and working in a very nice environment helps. I like also having the weekly chapel.

Cons

Competence. Leadership lacks the competence to lead this company into the future. I had a hard-time when we did the round of layoffs after the CEO said we were financially in a good position. This company does not challenge and hold employees accountable for their work. I struggled looking at reports and other information that was wrong and still went out to our customers.

Mark Holbrook needs to step down. Change needs to occur and the only way change can happen if a new CEO comes in.

There are newer employer reviews for Evangelical Christian Credit Union