Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society

www.good-sam.com
  www.good-sam.com
There are newer employer reviews for Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society

Working at Good Sam was a great experience for me, they have a great staff and the organiation has an amazing vision.

Former Employee - Certified Medication Aide in Idaho Falls, ID
Former Employee - Certified Medication Aide in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is better than average
Compensation is great, I was laid off and was given more than I thought I would for severance pay
Round the clock shifts, made it easy to switch shifts with other co-workers.
Great training, I never felt confused about what was expected of me

Cons

Sometimes seemed understaffed so we were given more work than we should have had.

58 Other Employee Reviews for Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (View Most Recent)

Great people at a good company who look to improve

Former Employee - Administrator in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Administrator in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people with a good approach to a difficult environment. Fairly good support for employees. Seems nobody is ever fired from the organization.

Cons

Slow to move advancements in most respects. Sometimes the organization has difficulty managing the business with the religious component. They never seem to let anyone go.

More Concerned with BUDGET than Quality of Care/Life

Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Always have the option of shifts to pick up. Decent pay. Ability to cross train in departments. Benefits are reasonable.

Cons

Always understaffed, lack of cooperation from coworkers, unrealistic expectations of management, management more concerned with budget rather than quality of care, management is not knowledgeable of what is occurring in own departments. The resident care is severely lacking. The number of "good, caring" nurses and nursing assistants can NOT make up for the slack that the "poor" nurses and nursing assistants leave behind. Management

Start caring. The ratio of poor nurses/nursing assistants to good nurses/nursing assistants are about 5 to 1. Not that the poor nurses/nursing assistants are necessary negligent/abusive, but they are rude, uncaring, and in general, the customer service sucks. I've witnessed MULTIPLE conversations excluding the residents, aides watching TV during meals instead of helping residents that need help eating, mixing food up and "shoveling" it in residents mouths, etc.