There are newer employer reviews for Evanta

Glad to be here!

Current Employee - Anonymous (Not Program Director) in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous (Not Program Director) in Portland, OR

I have been working at Evanta full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Evanta is unlike any other company I have ever worked for. If you are a hard worker, have a great attitude, and are enthusiastic… This is the place for you.

1. Our CEO is a brilliant business man and exceptional leader.
2. Fun, active, hardworking co-workers who are always willing to help.
3. Solid business model with continued growth opportunities.
4. I have a strong feeling Evanta genuinely cares about it's employees.
5. Our product/service is the best in the industry.
6. The company encourages new ideas.
7. We have an anonymous suggest box, and all items are discussed company wide every Friday.
8. We are encouraged to grow and learn.

Other Great Perks:
- Great Downtown Location
- Paid Parking
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Year end parties!

I have grown not only personally but professionally as well. This is in large part a direct result of the "Evanta Way"

Cons

Top sales employees get amazing "over the top" trips. However, non-sales employees would like the opportunity to be a part of such activities.

Better career planning/development program.

Keep our culture strong and continue with activities such as:

1. Praise Progress
2. Crock pot Wednesday
3. Company wide activities (Scavenger hunt, etc…)
4. Year end parties

Keep up the good work!

43 Other Employee Reviews for Evanta (View Most Recent)

Could be A LOT more....

Current Employee - Program Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Program Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at Evanta

Pros

The people at Evanta (minus upper management) are awesome. Young, fun, active, the kind of people you want to hang out with after work.

For just starting out, this is a great place to learn. Good opportunities, great exposure to various industries, good training on how to succeed.

Evanta's product, in the eyes of its customers, is a good product. In the eyes of many employees, it could be so much more.

I would recommend Evanta as a great place to work as an early step in a career.

Cons

There are a few people that make the workplace frustrating and this is the reason people leave.
    Unfortunately those people are at the senior level - so there is no good way to give them any honest feed back.

The culture is also very slow to change. There are a lot of superficial 'changes' announced as efforts to improve efficiency and 'alignment' but mostly these changes are merely reshuffles rather than actual improvements.

The company's success ultimately is based on its close association with business leaders, not on any claims of driving innovation or collaboration of it's own right. The business model is fairly manipulative rather than consultative. Even the company leadership encourages employees to be "puppet masters" After a while this starts to feel hollow and somewhat dishonest, almost like...."my friends are cool, so that makes me cool too...right?"

You have great people working for you. Trust them. Let them help take Evanta to a new level of performance. Stop micromanaging, intimidating, manipulating, and being passive aggressive. Create an open and honest atmosphere and things will improve exponentially.

More straight talk - less 'positioning'

Working at Evanta has given me great perspective on feeling valued at other organizations.

Current Employee - Senior Program Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Program Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at Evanta

Pros

1. They pay for parking downtown and an onsite gym is available.
    2. The view from the 10th floor of the KOIN tower is beautiful.
    3. The quality of the employees is very high.
    4. Has an excellent home grown CRM that is fantastic and robust.

Cons

1. The most senior leadership of the company makes decisions void of input from employees
    2. A weekly 2 hour meeting called Praise Progress is held during which time senior management forces all employees to praise someone and endure hunting stories from the senior management. If you are not a fan of hunting you are made fun of.
    3. 3 VP's have quit in the last year and half, one gave no notice
    4. When people have given two weeks notice, Evanta has not honored it and let them go earlier costing them money by not being paid until they started their new job
    5. Vacation is often denied if you are in sales and behind goal
    6. Appropriate annual reviews are not completed
    7. Personal matters have been discussed in front of the whole company (examples are marriages, pregnancy, separations)
    8. Promotions (with Title) are not provided with pay increases
    9. The sales team is forced to literally ring a bell in front of the entire company whenever a contract is signed (very much like a used car lot)
    10. In sales your accounts often get put into the VP's account responsibility
    11. Salespeople only get to sell about 30% of the time. The other 70% is spent doing project management type activities including such things as payment collections and data collection for numerous spreadsheets.
    12. HR reports to a VP and is completely ineffectual, is not used to balance the relationship between management and the employees.
    13. When someone gives notice management attempts to keep it a secret
    14. Overall a very bad place to work if you are an entrepreneurial thinker or want consistancy

Make business decisions off of factual data as opposed to emotional based "feelings". Listen to the employees, they are the lifeblood and backbone of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Evanta