Evercore Partners
www.evercore.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

The Mexico City office needs rehabilitation and integration with Evercore global

Analyst (Current Employee)
Mexico City (Mexico)

ProsExposure to leading economic thinkers in Mexico. Very intelligent coworkers. Learned about public finance in Mexico.

ConsNo chance to interact with other offices/projects worldwide. The Mexican company Protego was acquired by Evercore but they basically just changed the logo. Most people still refer to the company as Protego.

One HR person for the entire office. This means no training/professional development. The HR rep is strictly for hiring/benefits.

No documentation/knowledge management/project management processes. This means every project starts from scratch. Lots of brain drain because people leave. Habitually late on deadlines (part of Mexico in general). We were actually calling former employees for help. People's idea of knowledge management is printing a prior project and putting it on a bookshelf.

Unreal amount of time in the office. People don't care what you get done, they just want to see butts in seats. Work-from-home/flex time is unheard of. If you have to finish something for a Monday deadline they ask you to come in on Saturday instead of doing it on your laptop from anywhere.

Barebones IT resources (i.e. we make diagrams all the time but don't have MS Visio, we don't have MS project). This is not an NGO and we could afford to have this software.

No upward mobility. Analysts are undergrads, some have master's. Then they all leave for a PhD or go work for the government. You can't stay and work your way up to a management position - there are no "middle positions."

Advice to Senior ManagementYou acquired Protego but haven't done anything to make it better. Sometimes it feels like we are just spinning our wheels in Mexico. Swap some managers so that there is more cross-collaboration and help us feel included in the larger organization. Not exaggerating when I say that all that happened was that they changed the logo. I have no idea what people do in other Evercore offices worldwide.

Mexico office underpaid and no repect from seniors

Associate (Former Employee)
    Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Evercore Partners

Pros: Technical competence and name recognition Cons: Senior management have serious emotional problems, like to bully around Advice to Senior Management: Respect your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Evercore Partners

Pros: Entrepreneurial culture, lean deal teams, and great work/life balance Cons: Some of the managers aren't the nicest guys around. Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your junior employees a little more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Evercore Partners.

Worked for Evercore Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Evercore Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Evercore Partners CEO Ralph L. Schlosstein. All reviews posted anonymously by Evercore Partners employees.