There are newer employer reviews for Evercore Partners

The Mexico City office needs rehabilitation and integration with Evercore global

Current Employee - Analyst in Mexico City (Mexico)
Current Employee - Analyst in Mexico City (Mexico)

I have been working at Evercore Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to leading economic thinkers in Mexico. Very intelligent coworkers. Learned about public finance in Mexico.

Cons

No chance to interact with other offices/projects worldwide. The Mexican company Protego was acquired by Evercore but they basically just changed the logo. Most people still refer to the company as Protego.

One HR person for the entire office. This means no training/professional development. The HR rep is strictly for hiring/benefits.

No documentation/knowledge management/project management processes. This means every project starts from scratch. Lots of brain drain because people leave. Habitually late on deadlines (part of Mexico in general). We were actually calling former employees for help. People's idea of knowledge management is printing a prior project and putting it on a bookshelf.

Unreal amount of time in the office. People don't care what you get done, they just want to see butts in seats. Work-from-home/flex time is unheard of. If you have to finish something for a Monday deadline they ask you to come in on Saturday instead of doing it on your laptop from anywhere.

Barebones IT resources (i.e. we make diagrams all the time but don't have MS Visio, we don't have MS project). This is not an NGO and we could afford to have this software.

No upward mobility. Analysts are undergrads, some have master's. Then they all leave for a PhD or go work for the government. You can't stay and work your way up to a management position - there are no "middle positions."

Advice to Management

You acquired Protego but haven't done anything to make it better. Sometimes it feels like we are just spinning our wheels in Mexico. Swap some managers so that there is more cross-collaboration and help us feel included in the larger organization. Not exaggerating when I say that all that happened was that they changed the logo. I have no idea what people do in other Evercore offices worldwide.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Mexico office underpaid and no repect from seniors

Former Employee - Associate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Associate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Evercore Partners

Pros

Technical competence and name recognition

Cons

Senior management have serious emotional problems, like to bully around

Advice to Management

Respect your employees

2. Summer Analyst

I have been working at Evercore Partners

Pros

friendly
    good pay
    good hours
    good networking
    great management

Cons

lack of feedback
    size is a con

Advice to Management

give more feedback