Adjunct Professor

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor  in  Pompano Beach, FL
Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Everest College part-time for less than a year

Pros

I absolutely love to teach, and I particularly enjoy teaching college students. Everest University--Pompano is a great place to work. My academic program director is very helpful. The majority of the students are working people and parents. I find that many of them are eager to get their respective degrees and continue to move forward and improve their lives. The administration does not constantly hover over instructors and really allow lots of flexibility in regards to student assignments.

Cons

Everyone goes nuts over student absents and attrition. I do understand -- school is a business.

Improve salaries :)

Other Reviews for Everest College

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Career Services Representative  in  City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Career Services Representative in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Everest College full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn a lot because they dump a lot on you and you have no choice but to sink or swim.

Cons

Horrible leadership, no training, all about a numbers game and your number will never satisfy the company because there are so many students to place (in jobs related to their field--this is ultimately what everything comes down too). This is thanks to poor planning (enrolling too many students). Turn over is extreme, you will understand once you start--like something out of a movie. Never saw "Office Space" but heard lots of comparisons.

Iron fists and extreme micro management will never yield positive results. Get managers that know how to WORK with a team, not slave drive. Left on my own, cherish my sanity.

Its all about the numbers... Very little on the students..... Its an acting job!

Former Employee - Director of Career Services  in  Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Director of Career Services in Renton, WA

I worked at Everest College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary was good but considerably less than peers.

Cons

We often pretended like we cared about the Students, but it was only so that they didn't drop. Student withdrawls affect the bottom line.

Stop the acting job.

There are newer employer reviews for Everest College.

Worked for Everest College? Contribute to the Community!