Not for me

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Reseda, CA
Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Reseda, CA

I worked at Everest College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative Environment Great Immediate Management team Changing lives of the enrolled students

Cons

Executive Management, their only concern is enrolling students Selling Education rather than guiding students in their career choices Required to enroll a certain number of students or get written up for not "hitting your numbers".

Advice to Management

Ease up on the "numbers game" and truly CARE about your students. Education is not only about making money, it is about doing what is right for the student/potential student

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very unorganized organization with poor leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Everest College full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to help students make a better life for themselves

Cons

Leadership and management is very unorganized and very poor There are no set process and no solid leads. Every week there is a new process that will change either by the end of that week or by the next week Threatened every week that they will cut your job No support at all because you can't trust leadership Process and ideas that management comes up with are so out of left field and are not process and ideas that they have evidence that has been used at that particular organization and when you call their hands on it they get defensive and think your trying to cause trouble or your testing them Nothing is confidential especially if you are going to the President and expressing problems in the a particular department Just very unorganized

Advice to Management

Promote from within because hiring people from the outside hurts and ruin the organization structure because their ideas are not solid ideas and have been things that have been founded to work because they didn't start from the ground up. And if you are going to hire from outside for leadership positions do a more through check.

2. Adjunct Professor

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Everest College part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love to teach, and I particularly enjoy teaching college students. Everest University--Pompano is a great place to work. My academic program director is very helpful. The majority of the students are working people and parents. I find that many of them are eager to get their respective degrees and continue to move forward and improve their lives. The administration does not constantly hover over instructors and really allow lots of flexibility in regards to student assignments.

Cons

Everyone goes nuts over student absents and attrition. I do understand -- school is a business.

Advice to Management

Improve salaries :)