Everest College

www.everest.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everest College

Very unorganized organization with poor leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Everest College full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Being able to help students make a better life for themselves

Cons

Leadership and management is very unorganized and very poor
There are no set process and no solid leads.
Every week there is a new process that will change either by the end of that week or by the next week
Threatened every week that they will cut your job
No support at all because you can't trust leadership
Process and ideas that management comes up with are so out of left field and are not process and ideas that they have evidence that has been used at that particular organization and when you call their hands on it they get defensive and think your trying to cause trouble or your testing them
Nothing is confidential especially if you are going to the President and expressing problems in the a particular department
Just very unorganized

Promote from within because hiring people from the outside hurts and ruin the organization structure because their ideas are not solid ideas and have been things that have been founded to work because they didn't start from the ground up. And if you are going to hire from outside for leadership positions do a more through check.

172 Other Employee Reviews for Everest College (View Most Recent)

Adjunct Professor

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Everest College part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love to teach, and I particularly enjoy teaching college students. Everest University--Pompano is a great place to work. My academic program director is very helpful. The majority of the students are working people and parents. I find that many of them are eager to get their respective degrees and continue to move forward and improve their lives. The administration does not constantly hover over instructors and really allow lots of flexibility in regards to student assignments.

Cons

Everyone goes nuts over student absents and attrition. I do understand -- school is a business.

Improve salaries :)

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Career Services Representative in City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Career Services Representative in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Everest College full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot because they dump a lot on you and you have no choice but to sink or swim.

Cons

Horrible leadership, no training, all about a numbers game and your number will never satisfy the company because there are so many students to place (in jobs related to their field--this is ultimately what everything comes down too). This is thanks to poor planning (enrolling too many students). Turn over is extreme, you will understand once you start--like something out of a movie. Never saw "Office Space" but heard lots of comparisons.

Iron fists and extreme micro management will never yield positive results. Get managers that know how to WORK with a team, not slave drive. Left on my own, cherish my sanity.

There are newer employer reviews for Everest College