Everest University Online

www.everestonline.edu
  www.everestonline.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everest University Online

Love the working environment!

Current Employee - Director of Student Services  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Director of Student Services in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, the students, the benefits, the location, the technology, the support.

Cons

The students academic success affects your annual reviews, so it's best to stay on top of their activities.

Could have really used more social media methods for reaching out to student population.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Everest University Online (View Most Recent)

Going down hill - transitioning to micromanaged call center

Current Employee - Financial Planner  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Planner in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Everest University Online full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a paycheck
    It's better than unemployment
    Clean facility and bathrooms
    cheap soda and snacks ($0.30 cent soda and $0.50 cent snacks) and free coffee
    covered parking
    great co-workers
    1 hour lunch
    The job is pretty low stress for the most part
    There is not a huge amount of micromanaging........at least not yet
    you get paid an okay amount of money for explaining financial aid forms to students all day. It's enough to pay bills but not enough to truly be satisfied with your job.

Cons

The job can be very boring
    You can be on calls for 1-3 hours
    some students are not very smart and are frustrating to deal with
    the company is transitioning into a call center. It pretty much already is but they are tightening the noose.
    Admissions reps can be a pain to deal with and make more money than the finance planners although I'm not sure why because we do most of the work.
    Some managers are not qualified for their positions and were only promoted because of politics or who they know or because they were simply there long enough. There are a few managers who are genuinely good though.
    There are no advancement opportunities. Don't let them fool you in your interview when they tell you, you can move up and there is a lot of advancement opportunities. They have a management training program but you can only get into it about once a year and I just saw them make an admissions rep with no finance experience a Finance Manager. That didn't make sense because there are some finance reps in training to become managers and none of them were offered the position. They were certainly more qualified for the position. I had to seek out my supervisor to find out about how to earn a raise and how to be promoted with in the company. He was not able to give me any straight answers.
    Turnover is going up and up and the company can't understand why. Maybe it's because you have poor leadership and the company is becoming more and more structured. And maybe it's because it feels like a dead end job that's going nowhere.
    Instead of firing the people who suck at their jobs, they just continue to make more rules to make everyone else's life more difficult
    They do not reward high performance. We had some recent contests where the winner got a king sized candy bar and another contest where the winning team got to throw a pot luck. Really? Since their incentives are a joke there is no drive to do anything more than the bare minimum.
    The online college industry is becoming more and more regulated by the department of education because students are going to school getting themselves into debt and then dropping out. So now they are starting to crack down on the industry. The online university market is getting tapped out and will probably start to decline in the near future. Especially if the economy recovers and we have more jobs available.

Fire the people who are not productive, Keep our laid back work environment. Stop transitioning to a micromanaged call center. Reward your performing employees. Give the employees who want to move up a chance to do so. Find better ways to keep your employees motivated. The contests you have make me sick.

Suckered into a automatic failure.

Former Employee - Financial Aid Planner  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Planner in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Everest University Online full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free coffee machines are rampant, fairly good wages, and employees can take thier EOU college courses for $100.00 a class-books included. You get to pay alot more.

Cons

1. Receive email(s), from the hiring department that advise you how to answer their testing, throughout the hiring process, and then when you can't add up to it they fire you.
    2. They never tell you that you can be on the phone anywhere from one minute to three+ hours with any customer at any given day.
    3. You will encounter alot of egos here, and a few folks with none.
    4. Thier target audience for schooling is the 26 year old single parent, and if they can get you to sign their enrollment agreement they have you

Stop decieving the people you hire.

There are newer employer reviews for Everest University Online

Worked for Everest University Online? Contribute to the Community!