Everett Community College

www.everettcc.edu
  www.everettcc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everett Community College

Close and be part of a growing community of business and education

Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Information Technology Specialist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Everett Community College

Pros

One reason I believe to work at Everett Community College is the distance from local businesses and growing suburban development. I do not need to travel from up north down to Redmond, Seattle, or Bellevue for a decent Information Technology job. With the rising gas prices, this is a big factor. We also feature right next to the college transit station, including connections to the Everett Train Station.

Also, the communities and businesses around Everett continue growing, including more and more job openings. This gives more options to the employee where we can work more with our employer. Small businesses also make up much of the region, allowing for better client relationships helping each other grow. Job Security seems to be better then private industry.

Cons

Downsides to working at the college and as a government worker, a political process is always part of the job, so priorities and scope of projects change frequently. Our salary is also on the low end of IT jobs compared to private industry, and our benefits may also not be the same as other companies. However the industry continues to change.

The college is sometimes considered lower standards compared to other high prestigious colleges or universities. However I think we make it up by providing low income or first time college students the chance to start their education and move towards a long term goals and careers.

Continue informing the lower tech positions, keeping everyone on same ground of communication. Plan for meetings where each other can share where they want to go, and how achieve the goals.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Everett Community College (View Most Recent)

frustrating

I worked at Everett Community College

Pros

Good place to work, very modern
    Nice people

Cons

bureaucracy, lots of red tape, communication between departments is poor

communication between departments needs to improve

Let's just say I'm actively looking for another job, and I've been here for barely over a year.

I have been working at Everett Community College (more than an year)

Pros

I don't have a long commute to work, which is a big factor in selecting an employer for me, especially with the rising price of gas. The grounds are nice.

Cons

The employees receive little to no respect from management and the administration. They are clearly not viewed as individuals or people, but as numbers on a board. I've never felt more like I was there simply to punch a card at any previous job. I left my last employer after nearly a decade of working for them to come to EVCC, because I was told over and over again how great the college was to work for. What a load of BS! All I ever hear from any of my coworkers is how much they hate administration. That's not a sign of a happy working environment.

Treat your employees more like people, or they're going to start abandoning ship.

There are newer employer reviews for Everett Community College