Everett Community College

www.everettcc.edu

Close and be part of a growing community of business and education

Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsOne reason I believe to work at Everett Community College is the distance from local businesses and growing suburban development. I do not need to travel from up north down to Redmond, Seattle, or Bellevue for a decent Information Technology job. With the rising gas prices, this is a big factor. We also feature right next to the college transit station, including connections to the Everett Train Station.

Also, the communities and businesses around Everett continue growing, including more and more job openings. This gives more options to the employee where we can work more with our employer. Small businesses also make up much of the region, allowing for better client relationships helping each other grow. Job Security seems to be better then private industry.

ConsDownsides to working at the college and as a government worker, a political process is always part of the job, so priorities and scope of projects change frequently. Our salary is also on the low end of IT jobs compared to private industry, and our benefits may also not be the same as other companies. However the industry continues to change.

The college is sometimes considered lower standards compared to other high prestigious colleges or universities. However I think we make it up by providing low income or first time college students the chance to start their education and move towards a long term goals and careers.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue informing the lower tech positions, keeping everyone on same ground of communication. Plan for meetings where each other can share where they want to go, and how achieve the goals.

frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Everett Community College

Pros: Good place to work, very modern Nice people Cons: bureaucracy, lots of red tape, communication between departments is poor Advice to Senior Management: communication between departments needs to improve Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Let's just say I'm actively looking for another job, and I've been here for barely over a year.

I have been working at Everett Community College for more than a year

Pros: I don't have a long commute to work, which is a big factor in selecting… Cons: The employees receive little to no respect from management and the administration. They are clearly not viewed as individuals or people, but as numbers… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees more like people, or they're going to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Everett Community College.

Worked for Everett Community College? Contribute to the Community!