Everglades University

www.evergladesuniversity.edu
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University

If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Everglades University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money isn't bad, but other schools pay more. They have benefits, but my guess is that no one actually stays long enough to receive them, especially in admissions.

Cons

Awful management. Really bad attitudes -- everyone is secretly looking for another job. And admissions is tough because no one really actually wants to pay over 70k to go to that crappy school. The marketing is awful and the sales team - that's admissions - takes the heat for it. This is undoubtedly the worst work atmosphere I've ever worked in.

Advice to Management

Get another job. I'm shocked you haven't been fired, because every job position there is a revolving door. It's not because no one can "handle" the job -- it's because no one wants to deal with how you treat them.

Other Employee Reviews for Everglades University

1. Happy Faculty!!

Current Employee - Full Time Faculty in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Full Time Faculty in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been teaching for Everglades University for 3 years and it's been the most rewarding experience of my academic career. The facility, team, and faculty resources are excellent. My students want to be here so it's a pleasure to teach them. Can't say enough good things about the school. The President and Administration are great people, have enjoyed seeing the University grow during the past 3 years.

Cons

We have one annual faculty convocation and I would love to see that expanded to twice a year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it's been a great experience to be a part of the University's team!

2. School spirit!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Everglades University for several years and have seen amazing things happen. The culture is about doing the right thing for our students and the President is constantly reiterating customer service and ensuring student calls are always returned promptly. I have never seen such a strong focus on listening to and taking care of the students at a university which is amazing. The University has a great reputation and has received many awards. The programs we offer are innovative and cutting edge, it's been a very cool place to work.

Cons

Its so sad to me that social media is used as a personal platform for a few spiteful ex-employees who maybe weren't a good fit and obviously have no regard for the students. This is a great University with a good team!!

Advice to Management

Keep up them good work! Our team Is committed to our students! And the culture starts at the top!