Everglades University

www.evergladesuniversity.edu
  www.evergladesuniversity.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University

Is is possible to put 0 stars???

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

This job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons

-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
-Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
-They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
-There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
-Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
-Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!

22 Other Employee Reviews for Everglades University (View Most Recent)

If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it.

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Everglades University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money isn't bad, but other schools pay more. They have benefits, but my guess is that no one actually stays long enough to receive them, especially in admissions.

Cons

Awful management. Really bad attitudes -- everyone is secretly looking for another job. And admissions is tough because no one really actually wants to pay over 70k to go to that crappy school. The marketing is awful and the sales team - that's admissions - takes the heat for it. This is undoubtedly the worst work atmosphere I've ever worked in.

Get another job. I'm shocked you haven't been fired, because every job position there is a revolving door. It's not because no one can "handle" the job -- it's because no one wants to deal with how you treat them.

Innovative Education, Friendly Culture, Caring Staff and Faculty, Beautiful Office Environment

Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you want to go to work and feel fufilled every day knowing that you have helped change someone's life then Everglades University is the place for you! The staff and faculty really care about helping students achieve their full potential and it shows! We offer Innovative Programs and it is excting to be on the cutting edge of education. Exceptional co-workers, a beautiful office setting, competetive salary and benefits complete the package.

Cons

There is never a dull moment on a college campus - which I really enjoy.

Thank you for all you do to support our campus, students, faculty and staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University