Everglades University

There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University

quag·mire
ˈkwagˌmīr
noun
a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with great people who are passionate about what they do. (Definitely not upper management). Helping students begin towards dreams.

Cons

As the definition states above, a "quagmire"! Promises were made during initial interviews that simply just gave way underfoot. High turnover, poor work-life balance and upper management that is completely indifferent to the needs of their employees. Very high tuitions that increase annually, leaving graduating students with very high debt in the six figures. Military candidates recieve no military assistance that is substantial, and this is from a school that says that it is military friendly. No discounts for Military service which lead to Military student needing to exhaust benefits which results in the need for the use of loans to pay the extremely high tuition. Tuition is approximately $20K more than the average online Bachelor's degree. Just not a good scenario for students. Also no real growth potential as well.

Start caring about your employees and offer them the training needed to grow within the organization.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Everglades University (View Most Recent)

RUN AWAY - They don't deserve any stars

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None! they don't pay, they scream at you and they don't train.

Cons

you name it it's a con!

TAKE SOME OF THE CLASSES YOU OFFER AND GET A NEW CAREER - They do not train on anything. They will throw you to the wolves, and I didn't work in admissions. They scream at you in front of others all the time. They all think they are above others because they have degrees, however the degrees are from their own university. LAME! I had a higher degree than most of them and I was treated like garbage. They don't pay OT, they pay half time (illegal). You are required to attend events with students including an all day weekend graduation, however you are not paid to do so. Some positions (including mine) are required to work nights and weekends with out pay. They treat their students like walking credit cards, they need to pay ridiculous fees up front and if they don't pay, they will drop them out of school. Terrible people, I cannot believe they are still in business and the government hasn't come in and shut them down. Trust me, it's coming.

Is is possible to put 0 stars???

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

Pros

This job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons

-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
    -Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
    -They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
    -There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
    -Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
    -Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
    -Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!

There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University