Everglades University

www.evergladesuniversity.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University

Sales

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

Good pay but long hours

Cons

Fire often never secure in your position

none

22 Other Employee Reviews for Everglades University (View Most Recent)

MAY GOD FORGIVE ME!!!

Former Employee - Admission Counselor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Admission Counselor in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no Pros! DO NOT ENROLL AND DO NOT APPLY!!!

Cons

I have worked for this company for over a year as an Admissions Counselor. I have had to do some of the most demeaning, deceitful things just to enroll students. I have lied about the benefits of the programs. Promised them job opportunities for such off the wall programs such as Alternative Medicine or Alternative and Renewable energy. Lets get real! You have people with Accounting and engineering degrees that can't get a job and you think these prospective students will get a job with these degrees! GET REAL! Upon approval of management I was directed to tell a student to ENROLL OR ELSE. This is a Heavy Sales position. Understand that! With that being said, no one wants to enroll to an unknown school for $8000.00 a semester for undergrad for approximately 11 semesters. That's almost $90,000.00 just for a bachelors degree. INSANE!!!!!!! when well known community colleges cost 1/4th of that price. This school has no amenities. No Gym, no clubs no job opportunities. The classes are 1 month long. Imagine what you have learned in a class that you have taken all semester and condense that into 1 month. Now think quality of learning and retaining that material. Yeah Right!!! My job was to threaten students to enroll, If not I would have been fired. The president Kristi Mollis and her subordinates threaten your job on a daily basis. They call you,email you and text you several times daily while you are making calls and with prospective students wanting to now if you have found another sucker! and wanted constant reports daily. This seriously slows down your daily progress of finding said sucker! The stress and fear you have on a daily basis of losing the job will erode you inside in ways you can only imagine in NIGHTMARES!!. I have deceived students to enroll just to keep a job. I HOPE GOD CAN FORGIVE ME as these students will be in debt up to their ears with a degree which is virtually useless, unless you run out of toilet paper at home. If some part of you is looking for a job at Everglades University and you see this message. I hope you take this seriously. If i had a chance to speak to someone who was looking to get hired at Everglades University, I would tell them that not only is it better for them not to have a job, but that it would be better for them if they walked blindfolded, in reverse, into oncoming traffic!

I pray GOD has mercy on your souls!!

quag·mire
    ˈkwagˌmīr
    noun
    a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with great people who are passionate about what they do. (Definitely not upper management). Helping students begin towards dreams.

Cons

As the definition states above, a "quagmire"! Promises were made during initial interviews that simply just gave way underfoot. High turnover, poor work-life balance and upper management that is completely indifferent to the needs of their employees. Very high tuitions that increase annually, leaving graduating students with very high debt in the six figures. Military candidates recieve no military assistance that is substantial, and this is from a school that says that it is military friendly. No discounts for Military service which lead to Military student needing to exhaust benefits which results in the need for the use of loans to pay the extremely high tuition. Tuition is approximately $20K more than the average online Bachelor's degree. Just not a good scenario for students. Also no real growth potential as well.

Start caring about your employees and offer them the training needed to grow within the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Everglades University