There are newer employer reviews for Evernote

Fantastic team, brilliant people, awesome culture.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Evernote full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting problems to work on with extremely smart and committed people who are having a great time doing it. The perks are also not to be beat if you're into that kind of thing - the best free lunches in the valley (sushi every Wednesday from the ex-owner of the best sushi restaurant in the valley), unlimited vacation time, a travel bonus to make sure you actually take some of that vacation, etc.

Cons

It's not a 40 hour workweek, if that's what you're looking for.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Evernote (View Most Recent)

Stimulating and dynamic place to work!

I have been working at Evernote

Pros

Open work space promotes free collaboration, but lacks privacy.

Cons

Great people, committed and transparent management, no politics, we get things done.

Greatly Enjoyed my time working for Evernote Android Team

Former Employee - Lead Android Developer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Android Developer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Evernote full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for the Evernote Android team for 2 years. The Android team at Evernote consists of extremely competent engineers with a strong work ethic. The team is responsible for delivering a top notch application that works on a variety of devices and is used by millions of users and is the number one app for Evernote. The philosophy that is followed is all about making an end user productive and happy. The engineering process is very collaborative where engineers learn from each other and have a common goal for excellence. Engineers who have gone out to pursue other opportunities remain in contact with current team and are doing very well in their careers.

When i joined Evernote, i had no android knowledge and i was given an environment when my peers mentored me and challenged me and helped me become a better engineer.

Lately there have been many negative reviews about the company and the CEO. Personally, I have never had any interaction with the CEO since i keep a low profile but i had a great time working for my VP of Products(Phil C) who was also my manager. I got many challenges from him, got acknowledgement and i had a great time working for him. He is a very strong engineering leader and a great person to work with.

Cons

The company does not have a formal review and career growth process but i have heard that it is underway and should be addressed.

Focus on more core Business and Collaboration features.

There are newer employer reviews for Evernote

Worked for Evernote? Contribute to the Community!