There are newer employer reviews for Evernote

Love the products, love the people. Experiencing growing pains: PMs don't work as a team outside their group.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Evernote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, lots of communication between most development teams. Helpful coworkers. Coworkers share the passion for software that helps people. You can contribute your own product ideas easily.

Cons

About 15% of effort on all coding projects is wasted time because PMs don't organize with other dependent groups and then force last minute redesign when they finally share. Feature redesign is a constant, more so than any startup I've worked at. That keeps people so busy they can't always contribute to bigger picture goals.

Advice to Management

Have execution thought through more, many teams depend on knowing what the other teams are changing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Incredible place to work

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Evernote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Evernote is the unique opportunity to build products with a team of people driven to make are users smarter and better at whatever they want to do. The company is small enough that each person has the ability to contribute meaningfully. You work with amazing, intelligent, enthusiastic coworkers every day and have the chance to have a huge impact on the product and the business in a positive way. The pay is good and the benefits are great. It's an open company and culture so you know a lot about what's going on and feel very involved. It's easy to get pulled into high impact projects if you're smart and have shown you like to work hard. The leadership team has a lot of trust in one another after working together for years, which keeps the politics and bullsh*t to a minimum. The CTO is one of the smartest people I've ever spoken with and also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and the CEO is a visionary. Several times I've walked away from conversations with him shaking my head like, "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about," only to be proven wrong a year later at the enormous success of something that initially sounded unachievable. Most importantly I genuinely like and respect the people I get to work with, a lot of whom have become close friends. It's a treat going into work and getting stuff done with people you'd choose to hang out with even when it's not Weds evening and you're trying to get a web release out the door.

Cons

After a couple months of awesome lunches you end of saying douchey things like, didn't we just have Tacolicious two weeks ago?

great expierience

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Evernote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

smart people, good life work balance, cool benefits like electric cars

Cons

not something that I can think of right now

Advice to Management

keep up the good work