There are newer employer reviews for Eversheds

Fine

I worked at Eversheds

Pros

When I first started the people were nice. Lots of restructuring meant that the team was radically changed and the close knit feeling was gone.

Cons

I was sent on secondment for the last year I worked there. They got rid of my group and if I hadn't quit I would have been laid off.

My friends who remain say that it is a very different place to work now, and not in a good way.

reviews filtered by
  1. Eversheds LLP

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I worked at Eversheds full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Eversheds was one of the best companies I've ever worked for. I saw it from it's early years of a single office law firm and quickly grow into a national and international law firm, the Partners were a joy to work with and the general staff made and gave the place a genuine enthusiastic atmosphere. I learned most of my skillset whilst employed with the firm and although the hours were long I thrived on the challenges each day brought

Cons

There have been huge changes in the legal worls and it's difficult for any firm to remain competative, as a result redundancies have happened over the years and although necessary in times of hardship, they do send out a negative message which some companies struggle to come back from.

Keep Health & Safety and Training in-house as much as possible. Companies are easily duped by so called H&S professionals offering training and advice when this can easily be performed in-house by training the right staff to the necessafry level. A lesson I learned the hard way.

2. Not a great place to be a Legal PA

I have been working at Eversheds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working, sociable hours, some great co-workers

Cons

Poor HR management, especially the management of non-legal staff

Employ some properly qualified Office Managers who have tact and actually know something about HR legislation, not the cheapest hire that happens to rock up to the interview.

There are newer employer reviews for Eversheds