Evertec

www.evertecinc.com

Easy to bright as long as you are average

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsBenefits are good, including paid holidays. Easy to excel, since majority of employees lack the acumen needed to do an average job in their respective roles. It's an ideal workplace for career building, but after 3-4 years you need to move out.

ConsCons outmatch Pros in all areas with the exception of benefits. Salaries are mediocre, but this is no surprise since EVERTEC traces back to Banco Popular.

Common departments (HR & Marketing) lack solid leadership and competent personnel. There are no Career Development Programs for employees (some employees have had the same role for over 20 years). Ironically, EVERTEC uses old technology to support basis business needs.

There is no Strategic foundation in the company, which creates disruption in you every day work.An average employee will spend most of his time solving last minute problems, which comes as an effect of not having a formal strategic plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salaries
Develop a solid Career Development Program
Invest in your people (trainings, conferences, etc), remember they are your biggest asset
Re-design the whole marketing strategy around ATH, consider having another leader since the brand has not seen any significant changes in the past 20 years (even the loga is the same, which looks outdated since 2001).

Great experiences, Long Hours, No Conpensations

Software Developer (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

I have been working at Evertec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: it has a good work environment, the co workers are great and… Cons: long hours, administration always wants evrything by yesterday, employee compesations for their… Advice to Senior Management: would be great if they took the time to compensate the long hours and to keep their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Workplace.

Software Developer (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

I have been working at Evertec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great work ambient and great people to work with. Cons: Not being able to work with new technologies. Advice to Senior Management: Less bureaucracy, more software development. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Evertec.

Worked for Evertec? Contribute to the Community!